News By Tag
News By Location
How to Speak Texan and Tell Some Good ‘Ole Texas Jokes
Here are some tips on how to speak Texan and a some good Texas one-liners to impress any Texans.
- You know you’re in Texas when…The best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.
- You know you’re in Texas when…The birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.
- You know you’re in Texas when…The temperature drops below 95 and you feel a little chilly.
- You know you’re from Texas if… You’ve ever had to switch from “heat” to “A/C” in the same day.
- You know you’re from Texas if… You use “fix” as a verb. Example: I am fixing to go buy Texas themed snacks from Texas Treats!
- “Saw a dog chasing a jackrabbit out in West Texas one day and it was so hot they both were walking.”
- Texas Tales are like taffy, the more you stretch them, the better they are!
- Remember: “Y’all” is singular. “All y’all” is plural. “All y’all’s”
- The winter wardrobe you always brought out in September can wait until November. (From Tips For Northerners Moving South)
For more Texas fun, check out our book “Speak Texan in 30 minutes or less.” ( http://www.texastreats.com/
We hope you get some good knee-slappin’
About Texas Treats
Texas Treats (http://www.texastreats.com) specializes in Texas themed gourmet gift baskets and snacks. The company also provides Texas-theme food items and souvenirs for those independent folks who want to create their own Texas-theme gifts.
Page Updated Last on: Nov 12, 2012