About Dr Les Bailey phd,DO,acopm,apta,( int part ) Orthotics, woodmansterne,Banstead, Surrey
Dr Les Bailey works in physical therapies, and is a frequent writer of internet articles. Les Bailey is also author of the "laymans guide to foot and heel pain". He works from his practice in BANSTEAD,/ WOODMANSTERNE, Surrey
About Dr Les Bailey.Woodmansterne/
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING.
A clinician with over 30 years experience who has worked in many clinics across the UK as well as in Kalubowila Hospital in Sri Lanka.He has been senior osteopathic lecturer at the Northern college of osteopaths teaching osteopathic technique and lecturing on rheumatic spectrum diseases and contraindications to treatment as well as teaching at sequoia college in Cardiff (Remedial massage, acupuncture for musculoskeletal pain, manipulative therapy, advanced manipulative therapy, ayurvedic head massage, anatomy and physiology, differential diagnosis, NVQ preparation, orthotic prescription.
He taught all of the above to professional level.
- Andrew still college osteopaths diploma 1983
- Qualified osteopathy 1993 northern college of osteopaths (DO).
- Awarded teaching/lecturer diploma northern college of osteopaths 1993 where I was a senior lecturer for 3 years.
- remedial massage diploma first awarded 1981 (London academy of massage and physical culture)
- Phd awarded for 15,000 word thesis from OIUCM 2009 for research into plantar fasciitis
- Awarded lifetime membership medicina alternativa 1992
- Awarded the fellowship international lasertherapy association 1994
- Diploma in manipulative medical science 1991 (medicina alternativa)
- Former adviser on standards in therapy at the institute of complimentary medicine.
- Certificate in acupuncture for musculoskeletal pain control 1995
- Diploma in biomechanics DipBmec,college of foot health practitioners 2008
- Author of "the laymans guide to foot and heel pain”, 1st edition 2005, final 3rd edition 2010
- Registered with ACOPM and APTA (international partner)
1981-1987 Tyringham Naturopathic Clinic, Buckinghamshire. Head of department remedial massage area. Looking after 8 massage practitioners and overseeing patient care and treatments.
1988-1999 Opened my own clinic in Milton Keynes “the mk clinic of osteopathy and chiropractic”
1999-2002 Opened Nightingale Clinic in Carshalton which was very succesful in both osteopathy and orthotic prescription.
2008-present I worked for a short time for “the clinic” , before deciding to begin treating patients as an independent practitioner . In the current economic climate , I am aiming this at “affordable treatment” with orthotics as an extra service should the need arise.
Author of :
The laymans guide to foot and heel pain
Osteopathic and Personal Skills
Deep tissue massage
Infra red treatments
Biomechanics and orthotics
Mc. Timoney chiropractic techniques
Post neuromuscular facilitation
Physical therapy / Rehabilitation
Acupuncture for pain control
My long term goal is to open a chain of clinics utilising my skills both in succesfully treating patients and marketing those clinics to a very high level.
A few from many Internet articles about Dr Les Baileys work
NB the above article appears on many medical and news websites and was put on yahoo news as a special item.
Les Bailey 2012
Les Bailey orthotics articles
Page Updated Last on: Nov 14, 2012