News By Tag
News By Place
Mirabella Portland Awarded Urban Land Institute’s 2012 Global Award of Excellence
Mirabella Portland, a LEED Platinum Certified Continuing Care Retirement Community by PRS, is one of 14 developments from around the world to be recognized for its achievement of excellence in land use practice.
By: Mirabella Portland in South Waterfront
Mirabella Portland was honored for the following qualities:
• Urban high-rise model of Continuing Care model for seniors wanting to remain actively connected with the community.
• First LEED Platinum Certified Continuing Care Retirement Community in the world.
• Integration of landscape into dense urban development consistent with River Greenway overlay district.
• Recognized internationally by visiting architects and senior housing developers as a model for other countries.
• Marked success in difficult economy and strong acceptance by neighbors and Portland Metro area.
In its 34th year, the ULI awards program recognizes the full development process of a project, with criteria that include leadership, contribution to the community, innovations, public/private partnership, environmental protection and enhancement, response to societal needs, and financial viability.
Mirabella Portland is a green, sustainable retirement community located in the EcoDistrict of South Waterfront. Its award-winning design incorporates outdoor gardens, eco-roofs, terraces, and an expansive river rock fountain to create a sensory connection with nature. Residents enjoy stunning mountain, river, and city views from their apartment homes, the 24th-floor restaurants, and other fine amenities. And walking paths, outdoor sculptures, and a street-side café integrate residents with the active, artsy lifestyle of South Waterfront.
Mirabella Portland is located at 3550 S.W. Bond Avenue, Portland, OR 97239. To learn more, call 503-245-4742 or 1-877-254-9371, and visit our website at www.retirement.org/