News By Tag
News By Place
Market Report, "The Pharmaceutical Market in Egypt", published
Fast Market Research recommends "The Pharmaceutical Market in Egypt" from Datamonitor, now available
By: Fast Market Research, Inc.
* Understand the key pharmaceutical market characteristics, including total market size, growth drivers and resistors and overall market attractiveness.
* Evaluate the latest political situation and healthcare reforms and how they impact the pharmaceutical market.
* Develop an understanding of the intellectual property and regulatory environment and how these can affect your product launch strategy.
* Gain insight into controversial pricing issues, which have held back prices and hit profits.
* Assess the major domestic and overseas pharma companies active in Egypt.
Full Report Details at
The Egyptian pharmaceutical market is focused on generics. Per capita spending is low, but the large population means overall sales are worth around $3bn. Out-of-pocket expenditure accounts for around 75% of pharmaceutical sales. In the long term, increasing affluence and universal health insurance will boost sales.
Historically, intellectual property rights were not enforced, and firms were able to register generics/copies using data from the originator companies. Despite some changes, Egypt is on the Watch List of the US Trade Representative due to inadequate enforcement. This means that companies have been slow to introduce new products.
Egypt has certain key differences from many other markets. For example, the data protection period for drugs is five years from when the registration application is filed, rather than from the date of market authorization.
Reasons to Get this Report
* How is the political situation affecting pharmaceutical sales?
* What is the nature of research environment in Egpyt?
* How are the healthcare reforms going to affect the pharmaceutical market?
* How strictly are intellectual property rights enforced in Egypt?
* What are the major causes of morbidity and mortality in Egypt?
Partial Table of Contents:
About the author
* The macroeconomic climate
* The healthcare system and health
* The pharmaceutical market
The macroeconomic climate
* Country overview
* Economic situation
* Political upheaval and effect on economy
The healthcare system and health
* Healthcare expenditure
* The healthcare system
* Life expectancy
* Causes of death
* Non-communicable diseases
* Communicable diseases
* Other causes of death
* Disease burden
* Non-communicable diseases
* Communicable diseases
* Other diseases and injuries
* Counterfeit pharmaceuticals
The pharmaceutical market
* Pharmaceutical sales
* Market forecast
* Distribution network
* Major companies
* Regional companies
* Local companies
* Table: Ease of doing business in Egypt ranked vs. rest of world, 2011
* Table: Healthcare: examples of finance sources, financing agents & providers
* Table: Pharmaceutical sales in Egypt, 1995-2009
* Table: Per capita spending on pharmaceuticals in Egypt, 1995-2009
* Table: Egypt pharmaceutical trade in $m, 2008-10
* Table: HoldiPharma's subsidiaries, percentage stake, and number of employees
* Table: HoldiPharma Group sales and income, 2010-11
* Figure: Population of MENA countries, 2010
* Figure: GNI ($bn) for top ranked MENA countries, 2009
* Figure: GNI ($000) per capita for top ranked MENA countries, 2009
* Figure: Egypt's annual growth in GDP (%), 1980-2010
* Figure: Healthcare expenditure for selected countries, 2009
* Figure: Public health expenditure as % of total health expenditure, 2009
* Figure: OOP expenditure as % of private health expenditure, 2009
* Figure: Financing sources of Egyptian healthcare, 2007-08
* Figure: Financing agents of Egyptian healthcare, 2007-08
* Figure: Providers of Egyptian healthcare, 2007-08
* Figure: Life expectancy at birth for MENA countries, 2009
* Figure: Egyptian mortality rates per 1,000 live births, 1980-2010
* Figure: Egypt mortality rates for the under-fives per 1,000 live births
* Figure: Egyptian causes of death, 2008
* Figure: Non-communicable diseases causes of death, 2008
* Figure: Main causes of cardiovascular deaths, 2008
* Figure: Main causes of malignant neoplasm deaths, 2008
* Figure: Communicable diseases causes of death, 2008
* Figure: Egypt's overall burden of disease by DALYs, 2004
* Figure: Egypt's non-communicable diseases by DALYs, 2004
* Figure: Selected non-communicable diseases by DALYs, 2004
* Figure: Egypt's communicable diseases by DALYs, 2004
* Figure: Work flow for authorization of imported branded and generic drugs
Full Table of Contents is available at:
The Datamonitor Group is a world-leading provider of premium global business information, delivering independent data, analysis and opinion across the Automotive, Consumer Markets, Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Logistics & Express, Pharmaceutical & Healthcare, Retail, Technology and Telecoms industries. Datamonitor's market intelligence products and services ensure that you will achieve your desired commercial goals by giving you the insight you need to best respond to your competitive environment.