Just Released: "Kuwait Information Technology Report Q3 2012"
New Computer Technology market report from Business Monitor International: "Kuwait Information Technology Report Q3 2012"
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer hardware sales: US$362mn in 2011 to US$383mn in 2012, +6% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms downwardly revised due to macroeconomic factors, following stronger than expected growth in 2011.
Full Report Details at
Software sales: US$233mn in 2011 to US$247mn in 2012, +6% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms downwardly revised due to analyst modification but trade liberalisation and growing regional competition are fuelling enterprise spending on software and systems.
IT Services sales: US$267mn in 2011 to US$283mn in 2012, +6% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms downwardly revised due to macroeconomic factors and analyst modification, but high oil prices will fuel spending growth over the forecast period.
Risk/Reward Ratings: Kuwait's score was 57.4 out of 100.0. Kuwait ranks fourth out of 11 countries in our latest RRR table, behind the Qatar, the UAE and Israel, but ahead of Bahrain and Saudi Arabia.
Key Trends & Developments
* Expected increases in oil output and prices, and a forecast bumper year in 2012, should provide support for higher IT budgets in the key oil and gas vertical. Oil companies such as Kuwait leader Kuwait National Petroleum Company (KNPC) continue to invest in IT, and work is under way on the US$14bn Al-Zour refinery. However, Kuwait's Development Plan should encourage a gradual pick-up in the non-hydrocarbons sector over the coming years.
* Construction should be a promising IT spending vertical. Kuwait is emerging as a regional construction hub and projects such as the US$2bn expansion of Kuwait International Airport (KIA) should drive opportunities for IT vendors. Combined public and sector investment in construction is forecast to surpass US$11bn over the next five years.
The last two years have seen continued e-project implementation by various Kuwaiti state organisations. The social welfare ministry now allows online submission of forms and email notifications. The defence and finance ministries are also recognised as particularly advanced, while the finance minister has called on the ministry's IT staff to redouble their efforts in this area. The Kuwaiti Ministry of Education is implementing a New Technology Infrastructure Project (NTIP), aimed at raising the level of IT utilisation in schools.
Report Table of Contents:
- Kuwait IT Sector SWOT
- Kuwait Telecoms Industry SWOT
- Kuwait Political SWOT
- Kuwait Economic SWOT
- Kuwait Business Environment SWOT
MEA IT Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: MEA IT Risk/Reward Ratings, Q312
IT Markets Overview
- IT Penetration
- Sectors And Verticals
- Government Authority
- Industry Developments
- Table: Kuwait IT Industry - Historical Data And Forecasts
Industry Forecast Internet
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Internet - Historical Data & Forecasts
- IT Services
- Internet Competitive Landscape
- Table: Kuwait - Economic Activity, 2011-2016
- Khorafi Business Machines
- Microsoft Corporation
Country Snapshot: Kuwait Demographic Data
- Table: Kuwait's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Kuwait's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Kuwait's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Kuwait's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Transport Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports.