News By Tag
News By Place
Now Available: Business Opportunities in Energy Infrastructure Construction in BRIC
New Construction market report from BRICdata: "Business Opportunities in Energy Infrastructure Construction in BRIC"
The construction cost of Russian energy infrastructure projects recorded a CAGR of 15.79% during the review period, and is projected to record a CAGR of 13.19% over the forecast period. Over the forecast period, Russia is planning to invest US$320 billion in cleantech energy as the emphasis on renewable energy increases amid growing concern regarding the environmental impact of traditional energy sources. Overall, Russia is aiming to produce 4.5% of its energy from renewable sources by 2020, and this focus on cleantech energy is therefore only expected to increase over the forecast period.
Full Report Details at
The construction cost of Indian energy infrastructure projects recorded a CAGR of 20.66% during the review period and is projected to record a CAGR of 22.52% over the forecast period. As part of the country's 12th Five-Year Plan (2012-2017) India plans to invest a total of US$143 billion in the construction of oil and gas pipelines. This substantial investment is expected to offer numerous business opportunities to infrastructure companies such as L&T-Valdel Engineering Limited (LTV) and Engineers India, both of which have expertise in oil and gas pipeline projects.
The construction cost of Chinese energy infrastructure projects recorded a CAGR of 19.22% during the review period and is projected to record a CAGR of 21.1% over the forecast period. China plans to invest a total of RMB11.1 trillion into power generation projects by 2020. These investments are expected to offer substantial growth opportunities to infrastructure construction companies operating in China.
* The Indian power infrastructure construction sub-category recorded the fastest growth among the BRIC countries during the review period, while China was the largest in terms of value in 2011.
* The Chinese oil and gas infrastructure construction sub-category recorded among the fastest growth among the BRIC countries during the review period, and was also the largest market in terms of value in 2011.
* In Brazil, growth is expected to be primarily driven by the cleantech energy project type, which accounted for the largest share of power infrastructure construction during the review period and is expected to record further growth over the forecast period.
* In Russia, growth is expected to be primarily driven by the oil and gas sub-category, which is expected to account for approximately three quarters of Russia's total energy infrastructure costs in 2012.
* In India, the growth is expected to be primarily driven by the power sub-category, which is projected to account for the majority of India's total energy infrastructure construction costs in 2012.
* Over the forecast period, the growth of the Chinese energy infrastructure construction market will be largely driven by investments in power generation projects.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the energy infrastructure construction market in the BRIC countries:
* It provides historical values for the BRIC energy infrastructure construction market for the report's 2007-2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2016 forecast period
* It offers a detailed analysis of market size by cost type and by construction activity
* It offers a detailed analysis of market size separately for oil and gas, and the power sector
* It details the regulatory frameworks for the energy infrastructure construction industry in the BRIC countries
* The report covers an exhaustive summary on key trends, drivers and issues in the energy infrastructure construction industry
* It details the competitive landscape in the energy infrastructure construction industry in the BRIC countries
Reasons to Purchase
* Gain insights into the energy infrastructure construction industry in the BRIC countries
* Identify the key market trends and opportunities for both existing companies and prospective new market entrants
* Analyze the regulatory environment governing the industry in the BRIC countries, enabling identification of the options available to enter the market by analyzing the business environment in each nation
* Gain insights into the marketing strategies used by energy infrastructure companies
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Suzlon, Vestas, Andradegutierrez Group, Zagope, Odebrecht, ETH Bioenergia, Companhia Energetica de Minas Gerais (Cemig), Camargo Correa SA, Stroytransgaz, Renaissance Construction, WHSD-Nevskij Meridian Consortium, GMR Infrastructure, Tata Projects Limited, Larsen & Toubro (L&T), Engineers India Limited, Gammon India Limited, Punj Lloyd Limited, L&T-Valdel, China Petroleum Engineering & Construction Corporation, Power Construction Corporation of China, Dongfang Electric Corporation, Shanghai Urban Construction (Group) Corporation, PetroChina, Sinopec, CNOOC Ltd, HydroChina Corporation, Sinohydro Corporation, State Grid and China Southern Power Grid, Dongfang Electric Corporation (DEC)
BRICdata is a comprehensive source of insights and analysis: the company publishes a broad spectrum of reports across a number of different industry sectors, including consumer, retail, financial services, technology, telecoms and construction.