Summer Fun doesn’t mean your Make-up should Run! Deepa Berar offers tips to Waterproof your Look.
Be it pool-side, at the cottage or in-town, summer-related activities can lead to make-up missteps! Deepa Berar shares her secrets on how you can keep your look waterproofed, clean and fresh-faced.
1. Use Concealer wisely. Most women tend to use concealer all over the face or under the entire eye rather than just covering dark spots. Caking on concealer will only make those dark spots more noticeable once the water hits them. So a slight touch is better than a broad stroke when using concealer.
2. Use lighter-colored Eyeshadows. Summer is the time for more natural looks and darker colors tend to look gaudy in the sun. Opt for Champagnes and lights. These colors will make your eyes look more open and fresh. Plus the lighter colors won’t be as noticeable if they run or get wiped off inadvertently.
3. Stain your face. That’s right, a little stain goes a long way! Remember when your grandmothers would rub their cheeks with lipstick to get that rosy look? Now there are products you can dab on your cheeks which will give you that rosy glow without looking caked on or unnatural. Deepa’
4. MASCARA. No need to explain. We’ve all been there with the raccoon eyes and goth look – whether we intended to or not. The big secret with mascara is that not all waterproof mascaras are created equal and you need to find the right one for you. Price doesn’t always dictate effectiveness so try different ones, ask friends, and if you want to splurge a bit, Deepa loves to use Dior’s Diorshow waterproof mascara.
5. Wash off the Waterproof. While you want your look to stay put during the day, by the end of the day that you need to take care to take it off. Waterproof products, especially mascara, can look cakey and damage eyelashes if not removed properly. The best product for removing mascara? Baby Oil. That’s it, that’s all. Just take care not to get in your eyes, and rinse, rinse, rinse!
Deepa offers her favorite waterproofing products in her popular Blog at blog.deepaberar.com. Check in often to learn her insider beauty tips and beautifying tricks.
Deepa Berar is a successful Toronto-based talent whose natural approach to make-up and fashion styling has landed her in many different locations across the globe doing make-up application and advising on fashion trends. Deepa has developed her own signature jewelry line while working as a make-up stylist at CHCH, The Superchannel’
To get in touch with Deepa or book her for an interview or private or group lesson, you can contact: