News By Tag
News By Location
Celebrate Independent Merchants Day on 4th July
In the UK, the 4th of July is “Independents Day”, a day to celebrate our nation’s independent merchants. So on the 4th July, if you have shopping to do, take the time to consider buying from an independent and do your bit to mark the day.
When it comes to finding products for the home, shoppers are increasingly opting for independent merchants over the larger chain stores known for generic products and lack of personal service.
The benefits of buying from an independent merchant are numerous:
1. Genuine specialists of particular products, with extensive product knowledge and expertise, helping you make the right choice for your particular situation and needs;
2. Such specialist independents, have the ability to offer bespoke and/or unique products that you won’t see anywhere else in the country;
3. The encouragement of diversity on our high streets;
4. No annoying automated phone service or call centres; phones are answered by human beings and you can usually speak to the same person saving you time;
5. No intermediaries;
6. No rigid rules and standardised systems; independents can often tailor their service to suit your individual needs.
When it comes to specialised niche products, such as larger interior products for the home, the relevant showroom will often be a destination in its own right. Put simply, it’s worth travelling to see a comprehensive range of a particular type of product “in the flesh” and under one roof, particularly if there is also expert advice on offer. The savings of time and cost can be phenomenal, and the end products are more likely to right for your particular needs and design ideals. Such specialist showrooms will rarely be located in the city centre because they don’t need to be. Such specialist independents don’t generally rely on passing trade, and need relatively substantial square footage to display their product range.
A perfect example of this is Feature Radiators, the UK’s leading radiator retailer and an independent merchant that operates successfully from the small West Yorkshire town of Bingley.
Based in Bingley’s Victorian railway station, Feature Radiators is a one-stop port of call for anyone wanting stylish, high performance heating at competitive prices. This award winning company offers a selection of the best contemporary, designer, traditional cast iron and electric radiators and heated towel rails on the market in terms of quality, design and value for money. They have over 160 styles on display in their showroom from where they offer expert advice, unrivalled customer service and nationwide delivery.
So on the 4th July, if you have shopping to do, whether it be an organic chicken, a picture frame or a household radiator, take the time to consider buying from an independent and do your bit to mark the day.
For more information on Feature Radiators specifically, then visit their showroom at Bingley Railway Station, Wellington Street, Bingley, BD16 2NB, call their expert team on 01274 567789 or browse their website http://www.featureradiators.co.uk