News By Tag
News By Place
7 Ways to Use the Sphinx Personal Lounger This Summer for Relaxation
Washington inventor Melissa Ortega of Castle & Bay offers seven ways to relax this summer with her newest invention, The Sphinx Personal Lounger.
Enter The Sphinx Personal Lounger with four ergonomic ways to relax at home and away. A breakthrough in relaxation, The Sphinx is an inflatable lounger that is ergonomic in design, versatile and multi-functional. But don’t worry; requiring only 12 breaths to inflate, The Sphinx will be quicker and easier to set-up than the medley of kids’ toys you carted along with you. At about 2 pounds and contained in a mesh carrier measuring 13” by 5” complete with shoulder strap, this product is the epitome of portability. With such a small package, The Sphinx Personal Lounger packs a wallop of options:
• The chest piece offers support similar to packing pillows below you to prop your head up at a slumber party but with an ergonomic design to minimize back strain and a chin dip designed with the help of a chiropractor for optimum safety as it guards the trachea.
• Your arms are supported by the inflated base system and the height can be adjusted by simply releasing some of the air.
• Don’t feel like lying down? Then sit up; the chest piece can also be used as a seat cushion allowing for a soft resting spot or even as assistance in positions for both yoga and meditation.
• Combine the chest piece with the media holder and you have a perfect backing to prop a book upon for hands-free reading. There is even a strap that prevents your pages from flapping in the wind. The built-in snaps ensure security between the media holder and the chest piece to create a single unit that is adjustable to accommodate an individual’s arm length and adds to the ergonomic engineering.
• But the media holder does much more than prop a book up, it has storage within itself so you can store extra books, your phone, or it can even become a cooler when packed with ice for your sandwich and soda. The opening flap Velcro’s shut or folds down to reveal a drink holder.
• Truly remarkable, but if you still aren’t convinced…the media holder can unsnap and double up as a knee bolster when lying on your back. This way the chest piece is used as a pillow, legs are slightly bent for proper circulation, and all your personal belongings are right there with you.
• As if all this weren’t exciting enough…it floats! Take your Sphinx Personal Lounger into the water as you keep cool and meander about the pool, beach or lake. The flocked vinyl coating is completely waterproof despite the fact that it feels like expensive micro suede.
“I designed the lounger with women in mind. Not all bodies are made alike and getting comfortable while lying on your stomach is always a challenge. I’ve been a massage therapist for about 15 years and I know how important ergonomics is while laying face down, face up or even just sitting. The Sphinx Personal Lounger enhances any of these positions,” says inventor, Melissa Ortega.
The Sphinx Personal Lounger which compacts into the size of a loaf of bread was awarded the Inpex Award for Innovation of Recreation Equipment. Your next trip to the beach will have you wishing for your own Sphinx Personal Lounge from Castle & Bay, The Science of Ahhhh! www.castleandbay.com
About Castle & Bay
About Castle & Bay
Castle & Bay was founded in 2010 and is a privately owned company founded by Melissa Ortega in Peshastin , Washington . The company develops and distributes The Sphinx Personal Lounger and focuses its efforts on the hospitality and outdoor markets.