News By Tag
News By Location
PolyU to host 11th APF and ICES 2012
Twenty-five undergraduate students from PolyU’s School of Hotel and Tourism Management form an organising committee and take charge to run the 11th APF and ICES 2012, scheduled to take place in Hong Kong in May 2012.
The two prominent events will be combined into a two-in-one conference. With the support of the School’s faculty members, the committee is in charge of the whole conference, from planning to execution. It provides an invaluable opportunity for the students to show their passion for running the conference and creating a unique experience for all delegates.
Taking the theme Initiate Connecting Opportunities Now!, this unique conference will be held concurrently at Hotel ICON, the teaching and research hotel built for the SHTM by PolyU, from 22 to 24 May 2012. During the period, delegates from various backgrounds and countries will exchange insights and explore networking opportunities.
Among key topics featured at the keynote and panel sessions are:
• Recent Developments in Convention Venues
• Contemporary Design for Convention Venues
• Influence of Social Media in Hospitality Industry
• Destination Marketing for MICE and Tourism
• Forecasting for the Tourism Arrival in Asia
• Current Issues in Post-graduate Education in Hospitality and Tourism
• New Technologies in Research and MICE Industry
Many prominent international and local scholars and experts have been invited as speakers of the conference, to name just a few:
• Professor Rohit Verma, Professor, Executive Director for The Center for Hospitality Research, School of Hotel Administration, Cornell University
• Professor Judith Long, Associate Professor of Urban Planning, Graduate School of Design, Harvard University
• Dr Andy Nazarechuk, President, APacCHRIE
• Professor Kaye Chon, Dean and Chair Professor, SHTM, PolyU
• Miss Rosanna Law, Deputy Commissioner for Tourism, Hong Kong SAR Government
• Mr Daniel Cheung, Chairman, Hong Kong Exhibition and Convention Industry Association
APF aims to provide a platform for the exchange of information between postgraduate students and academics engaged in research and teaching in hospitality and tourism programmes in the Asia-Pacific region. ICES is dedicated to positioning itself as the leading conference of the meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions (MICE) industry in Asia by providing an opportunity for the exchange of interdisciplinary ideas.
An announcement video presented by the Conference Organising Committee is available at: http://hotelschool.shtm.polyu.edu.hk/
For registration and further details, please visit:
Press contact: Ms Pauline Ngan, Marketing Manager, School of Hotel and Tourism Management
Telephone: (852) 3400 2634
Press contactMs Chloe Mok, Executive Officer - Publicity
APF & ICES 2012 Organising Committee
Telephone : (852) 3400 2186