News By Tag
* Information Technology
* More Tags...
News By Location
Analysing NGS Data Using Open-Source Tools Short Course to be part of Bio-IT World Asia Conference
Pre-Conference Short Course on Analysing NGS Data Using Open-Source Tools
About the Short Course:
There are many commercial tools available for analyzing NGS data, but the world of free/open-source software offers a host of alternative solutions, some of which are arguably more powerful and flexible in their approach. Our group of expert speakers will discuss how they have successfully approached the issue of analyzing NGS data using free/open-source tools. Attendees will take away ideas and real-life examples that they can apply to solving the problems that their own institutes face when handling NGS data.
• Richard Holland, Chief Business Officer, Eagle Genomics Ltd.
• Kevin Lam, Research Associate, Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, National University of Singapore
• Charles Plessy, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, RIKEN Omics Science Center and Debian Developer
• Simone Brunozzi, Technology Evangelist, Amazon Web Services APAC
• Mark De Silva, Senior IT Architect, BioInformatics Center, Life Sciences Institute, National University of Singapore
• Toshiaki Katayama, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo
The Bio-IT World Asia 2012 Conference will bring together, life sciences, pharmaceutical, informatics and IT professionals from all over Asia and the rest of the world to one unique location. The Event provides the perfect venue to share information and discuss enabling technologies that are driving biomedical research and the drug development process.
For more information, visit: http://www.Bio-
About Bio-IT World Events (www.events.bio-
Since its debut in 2002, the annual Bio-IT World Conference & Expo, held each Spring in Boston, has established itself as a premier event showcasing the myriad applications of IT and informatics to biomedical research and the drug discovery enterprise. Over 2,000 delegates representing 30 countries have gathered yearly to attend 125+ technology and scientific presentations and view an expansive exhibit hall of 100+ companies. Bio-IT World Conference continues its exceptional series of educational programming with the announcement of the Inaugural Bio-IT World Conference Asia.
# # #
Bio-IT World focuses on the tools and results of predictive biology, drug discovery, informatics, clinical trials, and personalized medicine as well as the strategic decisions made by companies in this area and the impact on the company’s performance.