News By Tag
* Comments Rendering to Pdf
* More Tags...
News By Location
Comments & Compound Lines Rendering, Export PDF File Using Core Fonts
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables .NET & Java applications to read, write & modify Word documents without using MS Word. Other features include content & formatting manipulation and support of DOCX, DOC, WordML & PDF formats.
The long awaited version of Aspose.Words for .NET & Java (11.0.0) has been released. This new release supports rendering of comments in Microsoft Word to fixed-page formats such as PDF. The output is similar to how Microsoft Word renders comments to formats like PDF. There were a large number of requests from our customers to find a way to decrease the size of rendered PDF documents. The latest version of Aspose.Words introduces new options which allow you to choose how fonts are exported to PDF, either by using standard core PDF fonts or system installed fonts instead of embedding them into the document. Using either one of these options results in significant reduction in the file size of PDFs generated using Aspose.Words. Note that these options are mutually exclusive so you should choose only one at a time to use for your particular needs. Previous versions of Aspose.Words use standard GDI+ objects for rendering compound (multiline) lines. This worked well when rendering directly to image, but such document formats as PDF and XPS have no explicit support for compound lines. The only way to render such lines types to these formats is to draw them as a set of normal lines. This technique has been implemented and is now available in the latest version of Aspose.Words. The list of most notable new and improved features in this release are listed below
• New public element in the Model: AbsolutePositionTab support for DOCX and RTF provided.
• Linked textboxes supported in DOC, DOCX, WML.
• A number of improvements in handling of RTF control words.
• Around two dozen of fixes and resiliency code improvements across flow formats.
• Support comments upon rendering/converting to PDF.
• Render custom footnote/endnote reference mark.
• Compound lines are now rendered to PDF and XPS.
• An option to use either core PDF fonts or system installed fonts instead of embedding them into the document significantly decreases the output file size.
• Users are now warned if font is substituted.
• Support PageBorderArt in import and export RTF
• List numbering is lost is fixed after merging documents.
• Support comments upon rendering/converting to PDF.
• Consider adding notification when Aspose.Words cannot find Font.
• Support rendering of compound line styles
• Consider adding an option to use core fonts.
• MS Word crashes, when try modifying character style, which was used by Aspose.Words.
• Auto hyphenation option is lost is fixed after converting document to RTF.
• Bullets are missing is fixed after open/save the document.
• MS Word 2003 crashes is fixed during opening document produced by Aspose.Words
• Width of columns changed is fixed after open/save RTF document.
• Formating issues of document are resolved after open/save document.
• Page Color Gradient style issue are resolved during rendering.
• Support rendering of compound lines in PDF
• Consider an option to export PDFs without embedding standard fonts
• Font conditional formatting is fixed and now read/write correctly.
• Textbox Size change is fixed during rendering.
• Size of font is changing is fixed during converting to RTF
• Aspose.Words hangs issue is resolved during rendering.
• Long hyperlinks broken tables layout upon rendering is fixed.
• Bookmark content disappears upon converting to ODT is fixed.
• Check whether user is warned when font substitution occurs.
• Problem resolved for direct conversion from RTF text file to PDF
• Format of list numbers changing is fixed after open/save RTF
• Paragraph border now properly rendered.
• Prepare documentation for porting to the new wiki system
• Exception fixed when render document.
• While updating fields code hangs issue is resolved
• Update documentation for MailMergeCleanupOptions
• Word Document crashing issues is resolved while converting docx to doc
• Prepare Aspose.Words documentation for the wiki system
• Prepare Aspose.Words for SSRS documentation for the wiki system
• Prepare Aspose.Words for SharePoint documentation for the wiki sys
• Prepare Aspose.Words for Jasper reports documentation for the wiki
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- How to Print a Document with Settings and Print Preview Dialog: http://docs.aspose.com/
- How to Render Shapes separately from a Document: http://docs.aspose.com/
Overview: Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables Java & .NET applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/
- Download Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/
- Online Demos for Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words Forum: http://www.aspose.com/
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words blog: http://www.aspose.com/
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
# # #
I am part of Aspose.com "The .NET and Java component publisher!". It is my pleasure to be part of this beautiful world. If I could bring any positive change to this community will be a great honour fo rme.
Thanks to you all.