News By Tag
* Workplace Wellness
* Employee Wellness Program
* Corporate Wellness
* Employee Wellness
* More Tags...
News By Place
Employers Relieve Stress During Economic Recovery by Sending Employees to Wales
Health Enhancement Systems unveils a new employee wellness program, HealthTrails (www.healthtrails.com), where participants log health improvement activities as they travel along virtual trails — from Wales to Bhutan, the Pacific NW to Australia.
“HealthTrails is designed to help wellness coordinators pinpoint their biggest concerns and develop a program around it — from fitness and nutrition to stress management and weight control,” explains Dean Witherspoon, CEO and founder of Health Enhancement Systems. “This flexible corporate wellness program uses simple tracking tools and fun, engaging trails to keep participants motivated and on the path to practicing healthy, sustainable habits.”
The comprehensive HealthTrails program features:
* Spectacular Images. As participants complete health improvement activities, they move along virtual trails — in Bhutan, Wales, Australia, Israel, and the US — while viewing amazing photos and vivid descriptions of famous/historical figures, attractions, geography, and local customs that make the locations come alive.
* Optional Team Competition. Groups of 4-10 compete against other teams in a friendly challenge. The goal is to reinforce lasting habits with encouragement and support along the way.
* Daily Tips/Questions. Informative daily emails provide tips and suggestions on health aspects including exercise, nutrition, relationships, balance, sleep, and energy. Participants then can answer a question about the tip to move along the trail.
* Trail Treasures. Random challenges help participants earn extra mileage along the trail when they complete a wellness task within the allotted time.
* Social Support. An interactive message board allows workplace wellness participants to make comments or send words of encouragement as well as view posts from a health expert. And they can invite Trail Mates to a friendly challenge or to offer support as they follow each other’s progress.
* Goal Setting. Participants set effective, measurable goals to keep them committed and accountable.
* Recipes. Easy-to-make healthy entrees help fuel success.
* Resources. Links to top websites provide information on a variety of health topics.
* Coordinator Guide. This step-by-step guide makes successful program planning and execution easy for wellness program organizers. It includes reproducible marketing materials, ideas on how to maintain motivation, and a customizable action plan to coordinate when to send emails, have materials printed, promote special events, and follow up.
For details on this new wellness campaign, or to sign up for a free, no-obligation demo, go to (http://www.healthtrails.com). HealthTrails joins other popular HES employee wellness programs such as Walktober, Get Fit on Route 66, Great American Fitness Adventure, Feel Like a Million, Colorful Choices, NutriSum, and 10K-A-Day.
# # #
Health Enhancement Systems creates employee wellness programs for organizations in North America and throughout the world. More than 20 effective, engaging HES wellness campaigns have been adopted by over a thousand organizations — serving hundreds of thousands of participants successfully.
For more information about Health Enhancement Systems, visit (www.HealthEnhancementSystems.com) or call 800.326.2317.