News By Tag
* Identity Theft
* Identity Management
* More Tags...
News By Location
Biometric Signature ID to Host Live Webinar with Experts in Security, Biometrics, Identity Theft
BSI brings together experts in the field of security and identity theft to discuss the current growth of breaches in the healthcare, government, banking, and Internet site to review the costs of breaches and new biometric technologies to secure data.
The webinar will be held on Tuesday April 5th at 11 AM EST / 8 AM PST and will cover the following topics:
• Cost of a breach from incident to organization:
• What are enterprises and individuals using to secure their data and devices? We will review passwords, pins, tokens, biometrics, two and multi-factor authentication and how effective they are including third party testing results
• Changing regulations in the industry: Our experts will talk about the changing security requirements to reduce risk in the private and public sector including DEA, DHS, Education Act FFIEC, HIPAA, SOX GLBA, and why multi-factor authentication is being sought to replace current methods
• Using Biometrics: We will demonstrate a newly patented technology using gesture biometrics, examine its high rate of accuracy and application for multi-factor authentication
The panel of experts joining in on the conversation about enterprise security, identity theft and biometrics are:
- Doug McGovern PhD, expert in Biometrics, financial system security and authentication technologies. Dr. McGovern has worked at Sandia National Labs he was responsible for identifying security market risks and vulnerabilities in the US financial markets and evaluating security and access control systems for the Dept of Energy, Navy, Air Force and Army.
- Identity theft expert and CEO of IDTheftsecurity.com, Robert Siciliano, is a member of the American Society for Industrial Security and an editor for Bank Fraud and IT Security. Mr. Siciliano is also a regular contributor CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, FOX, Forbes and USA Today and the author of three books including The Safety Minute: Living on High Alert; How to take control of your personal security and prevent fraud.
- Bill Morgan, Jr., CEO and Consulting Principal at Avistas has 20 years focused on business growth and risk mitigation and is active in the international UN/CEFACT and UCC communities. He has worked on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) standards related to Secure Electronic Collaboration, Supply Chain Integration and Enterprise Architectures.
- Jeff Maynard, BSc and CEO Biometric Signature ID: Developed patented biometric signature authentication technologies, has worked in biometrics in the healthcare industry and was co-founder of eScript Systems. Mr. Maynard’s latest venture, BSI, has been recognized by Frost & Sullivan for developing the Product Innovation of the Year, have been vetted by the 17-member advisory committee of the Texas Emerging Technology Fund and granted a commercialization award for their break-through technology and received a 99.97% accuracy rating against identity fraud from The Tolly Group.
“Cyber attacks and security breaches on organizations for their data and their technologies are a growing concern for the private and public sector,” said Jeff Maynard, president and CEO of Biometric Signature ID. "Even the US government is looking for new Cybersecurity methodologies. We brought together well-respected experts for this webinar in order to discuss the current state of data security, what it is costing organizations today and how they can reduce risk and lower costs for securing their data and devices.”
Please sign up for this webinar being held on Tuesday April 5th at 11 AM EST / 8 AM PST at BSI’s website: http://www.biosig-
About Biometric Signature ID
A Dallas-based software company, Biometric Signature ID, Inc. (BSI), provides solutions to reduce identity fraud through its’ patented BioSig-ID Online™ biometric handwriting and gesture technologies. Activation is from any mouse, stylus, or touchpad on any PC anywhere, anytime. BioSig-ID captures how you write/draw your signature including your speed, direction, angle, and length, which are unique to each individual. Users enroll one time to create a profile (stored in a secure database) and thereafter validate their identity in seconds. BioSig-ID stops identity fraud by restricting access to only registered users who verify themselves against their stored biometric profile. During the past twelve months, BSI has been recognized by Frost & Sullivan for developing the Product Innovation of the Year, and have been vetted by the 17-member advisory committee of the Texas Emerging Technology Fund and granted a commercialization award for their break-through technology. Their identity proofing products have worldwide applications including student ID verification, secure online banking, healthcare records access and identity verifications for Internet-based transactions. To learn more about how BSI solutions can help with your Identity proofing needs visit our web site at http://www.biosig-
# # #
The Key Practices team specialize in developing and delivering solutions for business improvement in the area of Sales, Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Mobile Web, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and Video Content Creation www.keypractices.com.