News By Tag
* Cameroon Tourism Information
* Cameroon Airline
* Cameroon Traveling
* Cameroon Airline Corporation
* Cameroon Airline Failure
* More Tags...
News By Location
Follow on Google News
Cameroon Airlines Corporation: Failure to success story launches its international flights
Cameroon Airlines was the national airline of Cameroon based in Douala. It operated scheduled services within Africa, Europe and the Middle East. Its main base was Douala International Airport.
By: Mark Benson
Cameroon Airline started operations on Nov. 1, 1971 with two Boeing 737 aircraft's between the Cameroon towns of Douala and Yaoundé. A service was started to Rome and Paris using an ex-Air France Boeing 707, replaced by a Boeing 747 in 1982. It was owned by the Cameroon Government (96.43%) and Air France (3.57%).
In November 2006, Cameroon Airlines announced that it is the first airline in Central and West Africa to migrate their legacy communications system to SITA's Internet Protocol Virtual Private Network (IP-VPN), allowing the implementation of electronic ticketing service, which was added to passenger services portfolio Horizon, including, SITA Reservations, Ticketing, Airfare, Frequent Flyer and Credit Card Authorization.
Cameroon Airlines ceased flight operations in March 2008, after an unsuccessful privatization process. This privatization falls within the framework of the Civil Aviation Sector Reform, which sets out to improve the quality of air transport services and reduce or completely eliminate State subsidies. In October 2008, a new Cameroon airline company named Cameroon Airlines Corporation ("Camair-Co")
The benefits of a strategic partnership with CAMAIR-CO include:
* Earn extensive international experience
* Earn significant revenue as the owner, operator, and manager of CAMAIR-CO
* Rely on highly experienced local employees and operate the airline at very low costs
* Emerge as leader in the African airline sector
* Positioning as the partner of choice for the future Central African airline company (Air Cemac), being created
CAMAIR-CO is looking for a strategic partner that will participate in the process of making operational the newly created airline company, including the acquisition of minimum infrastructure to kick start the company, such as:
* Acquisition of planes for the company (either full purchase or lease-to-own);
* Registration of CAMAIR-Co at the International Air Transport Association, before effectively going operational
* Operation and management of the airline company, including a strategic vision for the next 10 – 20 years
* Injection of equity in the company to reinforce its Balance Sheet
For more details regarding Cameroon Airline and booking cheap flights to Douala-Cameroon please feel free to call our reservation experts on 02079936219. You can also send us your travel inquiries on email@example.com or visit our website:http://
# # #
Flights Master: Cheap flights experts to world wide destinations from UK & Europe. Specialised in Direct & Indirect Flights to Africa, Fareast & Australia. Call 0207 993 6219 or visit www.flightsmaster.co.uk
Page Updated Last on: Mar 04, 2011