White Furry Tongue? – A Q&A With Dr. Idelle S. Brand
Dr Brand provides answers to every question you may want to ask.
what causes a white furry tongue?
1. Usually an overgrowth of Yeast (Candida Albicans) in the mouth suggesting a possible Candida problem throughout the body.
2. Poor oral hygiene
3. Possible sinus infection dripping down back of throat into the oral cavity
4. Possible digestive issue (candida related)
5. Antibiotic usage (candida related)
6. Dehydration (can be from medications)
7. Vitamin B12 deficiency, may be present with mouth sores
What types of White Furry Tongue are there? Don’t know
Could you differentiate them? No But can be done with a scraping biopsy.
What are the symptoms of white furry tongue?
Usually bad breath and a clinically furry tongue
What is the best treatment for white furry tongue?
1.Go on an anti Candida diet(no sugars or foods that break down to sugar), as the Candida will thrive on this.
Take capryllic acid (found in coconut or supplements)
2. Boost immune system nutrients.
3. Take a B complex vitamin
4. Evaluate possible causes from list above and treat appropriately.
5. Tongue scraping
6. Rinse with a high oxygen content mouthwash (hydrogen peroxide, chlorine dioxide) which will kill off the anaerobe bacteria.
You can purchase Closys Oral rinse(high oxygen) now at a discount.
Just visit this blog:
What other effective treatments are there? Medication (Nystatn) for Candida but we try to stay holistic.
You can purchase Nystatn(by Native Remedies) now at a discount.
Just visit this blog:
What is the likelihood someone will have a white furry tongue at some point in life? It depends on their immune system, diet, medication intake and daily oral hygiene habits
How many patients a day do you get with such symptoms?
Maybe 1 or 2 have white growth on their tongue but I wouldn’t call it hairy tongue.
What makes a child have a white furry tongue? Same as an adult
Why do people have a white furry tongue with red dots?
You can read the rest of the article at the following blog.
# # #
We are a community of like minds of people interested in finding lasting solutions to Chronic (Halitosis) and Mild Bad Breath. We research, post, blog, and recommend.