News By Tag
* Content management system
* More Industries...
News By Place
XOOPS Project releases Version 2.5.0
The XOOPS Project, world’s leading Open Source CMS (Content Management System), has released recently the most advanced version of its award winning software – XOOPS 2.5.0.
By: XOOPS Project
The XOOPS 2.5.0 release is a major redesign of the System Module which has been AJAX-ed with jQuery. Some of the new features are truly amazing, like the visual placement of blocks, and we're sure that the System Admins will love them.
Other major improvements/
* Help System for Admin and modules
* MySQL Dump in Maintenance
* New Redirect messaging
* Column sorting in tables
* Smarty plugin for icon pack
* Smarty plugin for breadcrumb navigation
* jQuery plugins for display popup or manage drag & drop
* File Manager (Plugin)
* Maintenance with Cache Clean-up, and Tables Maintenance
* Visual module ordering with drag & drop
* Visual block placement with drag & drop
* Refactor all PHP code for use XOOPS API
* Use template in the same way that front user, admin side for module can call a main template define in xoops_version.php
* Allow override of template in admin theme like frontend if we set template in ADMIN_THEME
* Manage editor for blocks, comments and for all module if module developper want to use it activate or deactivate system section
* Choose number of line for admin section
* Display or hide tips
Any PHP version >= 5.0 (PHP 5.2+ is strongly recommended)
MySQL server 5.0+
Web server: Any server supporting the required PHP version (Apache highly recommended)
For more info and download please visit: http://xoops.org/
# # #
About XOOPS: Founded in 2002 by group of international software developers, XOOPS quickly become one of world’s leading Open Source Content Management Systems (CMS). Known and loved for its ease of use and countless powerful modules, XOOPS received numerous International Awards and Recognitions, including being the Top 5 finalist of the 2008, 2009, and 2010 CMS Awards by Packt Publishing. In January 2009 it received the 2008 China Open Source Software Contest Award and in October 2010 the "Best Technology Award" from Northeast Asia OSS Forum.
More info at: http://www.xoops.org