News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
OpenLink Unleashes Linked-data-driven Platform For Semantically Enhanced Data Virtualization
Virtuoso 6.2 Delivers Smart, Cross-Platform, High-Performance Data Virtualization across Heterogeneous Data Sources.
** The Data Silos Problem **
The exponential growth of the Internet and World Wide Web continues to increase the artificial partitioning of data across structurally heterogeneous and disparately located silos. Compounding this problem, enterprise data silos continue to expand due to the proliferation of application-
** How Virtuoso Solves the Data Silos Problem **
Virtuoso delivers an unrivaled platform for real-time access to and integration of relational databases, web services, and structured and semi-structured Web content, without compromising security. Based on a massively-scalable, hybrid-model database engine for relational- (e.g., SQL) and graph- (e.g., RDF) model data, Virtuoso's features include —
* Comprehensive incorporation of back-end relational databases through native support for external ODBC- and JDBC-based data sources
* Broad support of more than 40 hypermedia and other resource types (including icalendar, vcard, mp3, mpeg4, RSS, Atom, and CSV)
* Extensive integration with SOAP and more-contemporary REST-pattern-
* Sophisticated conceptual-level data views that transparently integrate graph and relational models, enabling faceted navigation over relational sources with linear scale performance
* Powerful change sensitivity via a variety of replication methods and protocols that support a vast array of toplogies
* Innovative policy-based security that leverages strong identity (data objects and users) via built-in distributed identity management
** Unobtrusive & Cost-Effective Innovation **
One key benefit of Virtuoso's powerful feature set is the ability to use conventional data access patterns (spreadsheet-
"The new release introduces change sensitive end-to-end mapping from remote ODBC/JDBC accessible SQL data sources all the way to Virtuoso's Native RDF Quad Store for powerful data discovery and integration"
** Putting Virtuoso to Work for You **
As always, current versions of Virtuoso are available for immediate download and free evaluation.
Through December 31, 2010, all Commercial licenses for Virtuoso are available for half their normal price, which puts an entry-level Workstation license at $499, and offers significant savings for all deployments through to the highest-end, enterprise-grade Cluster Edition.
Virtuoso also continues to be available in Open Source form (which does not include support for GeoSpatial Data, Virtualization of Remote ODBC- and JDBC-accessible Data Sources, Clustering and High Availability, or Data Replication)
** Learn More About **
* Virtuoso Pricing -- http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/
* Virtuoso Editions Feature Comparison-- http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/
* Virtuoso Download -- http://download.openlinksw.com/
* Virtuoso Product Home Page -- http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com
* Virtuoso Product Blog -- http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/
# # #
OpenLink Software is a privately-held software company with offices in the USA and the United Kingdom. It has been the leading provider and technology innovator in the universal data access middleware market since 1993, and over 10,000 companies currently use its products worldwide.
** Get Connected **
* Twitter -- http://twitter.com/
* Home Page -- http://www.openlinksw.com
Page Updated Last on: Sep 22, 2010