News By Tag
* Furnished Apartments Cali Colombia
* Apartamentos Amoblados Cali Colombia
* Cali Colombia Hotels
* Cali Colombia Hostels
* More Tags...
* More Industries...
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Furnished Apartments in Cali Colombia - How to Find a Good One!
There are many things to consider, and cost is just one of those. If you’re planning on staying for more than just a couple of days, furnished apartments are always a great option.
1. The first rule in the book is, off course, checking your budget. Just as hotels, furnished apartment rates vary depending on location, size, and décor. The good thing is, at the end of the day, it’s always kinder to your wallet than a hotel. So check you budget and get started.
2. Location: Moving around a city can be time and money consuming. Choose a great apartment with no access to main streets and you’ll find yourself paying cab fares everytime you go out. Search the web for the city’s public transportation route maps and find an area near to a main street.
4. Contracts: Always see that you sign a contract or equivalent service agreement where you can see the services in detail. Make sure to have them clarify the exact amount you’ll be paying including the Colombian tax called IVA (VAT in English). Special note: There are NO extra taxes for foreigners or any other kind, as apartments are not hotels.
5. Rental agency: It is always advisable to run everything through a furnished apartment renting agency. You might go lucky if you find a good landlord, but an agency will always give you more confidence and back up.
7. Utilities: Try to get a deal where everything is included in the same rate: electricity, water, and phone are the most common of course, but you can also find them charging extra for cable TV or internet and that can mess up your budget.
8. Upfront: Never pay more than one month stay in advance! If you don't like the apartment, or the service behind it, you can always play a last card and move to another one, if they ask for it, just say no (they’ll accept as it is not a common practice to pay for more than one month).
9. Language: You should try to find a renting company or person who speaks English when looking for an apartment in Cali, they will be able to guide you through everything and help you with anything you need.
Trip Advisor it's a great tool to get more information about places where you can find accommodation. I highly recommend a place that I found after long hours of searching I got to stay in Cali and feel like home, a place called habita suites furnished apartments, here's their web page: http://www.habita.com.co
Furnished apartments cali Colombia, apartamentos amoblados cali Colombia, cali Colombia hotels, cali Colombia hostels
# # #
HABITA offers you a wide-range of furnished apartments in Cali Colombia, that you may select suited to all your needs and budget. All apartments are extremely well located and completely furnished. Do not stay at a hotel before you compare.
Page Updated Last on: Feb 11, 2010