News By Tag
* Science Technology
* Hybra Advance Technology
* Wireless Ring
* Wireless Finger Ring
* Finger Phone
* More Tags...
News By Location
ORB™ Wireless Earpiece Finger Ring Wins CES 2010 Top Honor
AbsolutelyNew, Inc. today announced that the ORB™ wireless earpiece finger ring, slated for launch early next year, is recognized as the industry’s best new wireless handset accessory for 2010.
Developed with technology brokering and marketing support from AbsolutelyNew’
To win this prestigious CES award, the ORB was judged by a panel of distinguished industrial designers, engineers and members of the media, and found to represent the year’s most outstanding design and engineering in its consumer electronics product category.
Key details on the ORB:
• Harnesses bone conducting technology from NXT Sound to deliver high-quality sound without the discomfort of placing a device inside the ear.
• Delivers Class 2 Bluetooth (~30-ft range) in multiple ring sizes.
• Offers vibratory alerts of incoming calls and messages.
• The base model features an E Ink display that shows caller ID, text messages and calendar reminders.
• The deluxe edition features a FOLED (Flexible Organic Light Emitting Diode) screen for full-color display of caller ID, text messages and calendar reminders.
Hybra plans to start selling its first base model ORBs in early 2010, at a suggested retail price of $129 USD. The deluxe edition is planned for launch later in 2010, at a suggested retail price of $175 USD. Limited edition models featuring decorative gemstones, to be priced based on the value of the gemstones, will also follow.
“The greatest manufacturers in consumer electronics—
Added Ryan Wells, Hybra’s co-founder, “This award comes after a very considerable, concerted effort to bring a bold new idea to life and to market, bringing together dozens of advanced technologies to do so. We’re delighted with the pre-launch attention, and we now look forward to delighting ORB users around the world starting early next year.”
Hybra’s Sound Band™ surface excitation wireless headset, also commercialized with AbsolutelyNew, earned an honorable mention in the CES awards’ wireless handsets category. It too will launch in 2010.
Print-quality ORB images are available at www.photobucket.com/
# # #
AbsolutelyNew is the consumer goods company that partners with inventors (plus manufacturers and retailers) to launch breakthrough products. The company’s Science+Technology Division also helps innovators launch new devices and technologies into businesses. Products in AbsolutelyNew’