News By Tag
News By Place
Delta Connection Academy Now Accepting Scholarship Applications For Flight Academy
First Ever Scholarship Provides Full Flight Training Valued At Over $100,000. Deadline for consideration is July 1, 2008.
By: Delta Connection Academy
To apply, candidates must meet the outlined criteria below and submit the following information:
• Must be 18 yrs of age or older;
• Download and complete the Application of Admission form found at www.deltaconnectionacademy.com ;
• Minimum of two years college experience and copy of Associates Degree or transcripts showing credits that would equal an AA degree;
• Copy of 1st or 2nd class FAA medical certificate. If medical certificate is needed, please visit www.flightphysical.com to find a certified flight physician in your area;
• Copy of U.S. passport or U.S. birth certificate;
• Copy of drivers license;
• Copy of any pilot certificate(
• Three (3) one page letters of recommendation. Limit one from family;
• Typed, descriptive 500 word essay on your passion for aviation and how this scholarship would impact your career goals; and
• Copy of resume
• OBAP member in good standing (Membership is open to all, visit OBAP.org for more information)
Candidates interested in applying for this scholarship must submit a completed application package (items listed above) including five (5) copies postmarked no later than July 1, 2008. Finalists will be selected and interviewed by a selection committee. The winning candidate will be announced at the Organization of Black Airline Pilots conference in Miami during the week of August 11 -16, 2008.
Please submit your completed scholarship application and copies to:
Delta Connection Academy
Attn: Rachel Gaffney - Marketing Manager
2700 Flight Line Drive
Sanford, Florida 32773
Delta Connection Academy, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Delta Air Lines, operates a fleet of more than 110 aircraft, including the latest in technically advanced aircraft with its fleet of 34 new Cirrus SR-20 G2 aircraft and its Level 3 Advanced Aircraft Training Devices and Level 6 Flight Training Devices. The Academy has trained students from 90 different countries and has placed pilots with more than 30 airlines including, but not limited to, all Delta Connection carriers, American Eagle Airlines, ExpressJet Airlines and Cape Air/Nantucket Airlines. In addition to its main campus at the Orlando/Sanford International Airport, the Academy is the flight-training partner for three colleges and universities across the United States and has a total enrollment of more than 750 flight students. For more information about Delta Connection Academy, call 1.800.U.CAN.FLY or visit www.DeltaConnectionAcademy.com.