News By Tag
* Venture Capital
* The Venture Forum
* More Tags...
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Alliance Between VA Biotech Incubator & Israeli Biosciences Incubator Is Topic of Panel Discussion
Richmond-Israeli biosciences commercialization project has put Richmond on the list of global biotech research centers – the leaders of that effort will outline the history of the project, its progress, and future plans at Venture Forum luncheon.
By: Mighty Casey Media
The leaders of that effort will speak to the Venture Forum during a lunch on Thursday, May 15, 2008, at the Virginia Historical Society. The discussion will include:
• an overview of the history of the initiative
• an exploration of the reasons why companies would choose to incubate in Richmond, rather than more established bioscience centers in Boston, New York, or San Diego
• why the relationship between the Park and Israeli companies has been driven, in part, by the presence and reputation of Virginia Commonwealth University
• how the Park’s Commercialization Center has created infrastructure to make the incubating companies attractive to investors
• what the VA BioSciences Commercialization Center means for the venture community in Richmond and central VA
• Donna J. Edmonds, Executive Director, Virginia Israel BioSciences Commercialization Center
• Robert T. Skunda, President & CEO, Virginia BioTechnology Research Park
• Kenneth R. Zaslav, MD, Medical Director, Virginia Israel BioSciences Commercialization Center
The panel discussion will be moderated by David R. Lohr, Executive Director, Virginia BioSciences Development Center.
The Venture Forum’s May luncheon is sponsored by PLANIT Technology Group (http://www.planittech.com). PLANIT offers its customers a wide range of integration services, delivering products, people and process in various technology verticals, including infrastructure planning and design, business continuity planning, application development, enterprise storage & backup, and network services – all with what the company calls its “service-obsessed”
ABOUT THE VENTURE FORUM
The Venture Forum - the intersection of innovation and capitalization in central Virginia - is dedicated to promoting the success of entrepreneurial ventures, and the growth of entrepreneurship in central Virginia. Founded in 1986 as the Richmond Venture Capital Club, becoming The Venture Forum in 1998, the Forum has helped hundreds of entrepreneurs and investors connect, helping Virginia become a top state for business. The Venture Forum – growth starts here.
# # #
About Mighty Casey Media: Your story is your brand. Great storytelling is critical to the success of your business. Mighty Casey Media helps you craft that great story, and shows you how to use it to create a powerful brand.