A good Profile Photo can take you a long way in the World of Online Dating
Since there are millions of online dating profiles out there, you have to think of a way to make your dating profile stand out from the rest.
By: Jodie Brittain | Slinky Dating Australia
Now if you’re wondering how so, then here are a couple of reasons why your profile photo needs to be exceptionally good. Remember, first impressions always count, and in online dating, your profile photo counts as the first impression. The first visual insight into you as a person is always your photo. http://www.slinky.com.au/
Since there are millions and millions of profiles out there, you have to think of a way to make your profile stand out from the rest. Let’s say you’ve tried out all the possible traditional methods of dating and nothing has worked out for you, so now you’re ready to give online dating a chance. You’ve made your profile and updated it and everyone’s ranting and raving about your catchy profile. So, what photo are you going to put up on your profile? A bad picture will definitely ruin your chances of finding a good mate online. So, how would you know if your profile picture is good enough?
Here are a few tips and tricks that deal with uploading a good picture for your profile:
• The best way to make your profile look more interesting is to add at least one picture of yourself to it. Without a profile photo you stand to lose at least 50% of potential viewers, thus minimizing your chances of finding the right match. According to studies, most people who indulge in online dating tend to opt out profiles that don’t have pictures.
• Remember, your profile is your personal ad and by filling in your profile you are marketing yourself. Look at photos in other interesting profiles. Does yours look as interesting?
• Avoid putting up pictures of yourself partying and clubbing hard and don’t put up group pictures. There are loads of similar pictures and they distract people from the real you. Yes, your profile will be a lot more inviting if it has a picture on it, but you’re still not going to stand out from the crowd if you put up pictures of yourself in a crowd! So, do yourself justice. Accept criticism from friends and don’t be biased.
• Get someone who has a digital camera to click your pictures. Make sure you take a fair number of pictures, 20 or more, perhaps on different days or settings because all of the pictures may not come out well. At least you’ll have a good selection to choose your picture from.
• Choose a good backdrop. Go to the beach or a field and have pictures taken against this backdrop. Choose a background that’s fun and romantic and your clothes should also suit the setting.
• If you’re bold enough and have the body for it, then you’ll probably want to flaunt your body by wearing a bikini or swimming trunks. These pictures have very high view rates. So, it’s probably a good idea. However, if you have any kind of disfigurement, you could get it airbrushed. Models do this all the time!
If you have more than one picture of yourself in different poses and doing interesting activities, then it advisable to post one picture of each activity. In addition to your head-and-shoulders shots, pictures of you skiing or at the theatre or even participating in an exciting sport will help draw more attention to your profile. This proves that you actually do all of those things that you say you do in your profile, making you look a lot more interesting to your viewers.
So, put up a good profile picture and watch how your popularity rates soar sky high!
# # #
Jodie Brittain is the CEO of Australian online dating site, Slinky - the Aussie-only Online Dating Service for men and women looking for friends and relationships. So whether you are a single in Sydney or looking to date in Melbourne Australia - you can join Slinky www.slinky.com.au for Free!