1. NEVER try to squeeze too much into your itinerary. On an Oxford Hen Weekend there is plenty of choice of things to do, but think about your old Mum, or your Auntie so & so. Not only them, but all your habitual desk and sofa dwelling friends are going to be too tired for your night out if you try to do more than a couple of things in one weekend .
2. NEVER go ice skating. You are not 15 anymore and yes we didn’t believe it at first but Oxford Hen Weekend websites do suggest an afternoon at the ice rink as a ‘fun-filled’
3. NEVER stay in a hotel that does not welcome Oxford Hen Weekend groups. Although renowned for it’s high-end hotels we don’t think that the Randolf or Malmaison will be keen on you passing through the lobby in a pink sash or stumbling in a little worse for wear at 3am!
4. NEVER attempt to embarrass the bride-to-be more than you’d like to be. Put yourself in her shoes and think through any costume or activity that you are going to ask her to so. She needs to enjoy the experience and not be cringing so much that she just wants to hide away.
5. NEVER tell your hens if you have VIP area booked in a club or bar, even if you do. VIP entry is great, but suss out the ‘area’ when you get there otherwise hopes of wannabe footballers hanging around displaying their availability, could be quickly dashed. An Oxford Hen Weekend would not be complete without a night out to a decent club, but you go to mix and to dance so do you really want to be sat on a small platform away from everyone else behind a roped off barrier?
6. NEVER get separated – stick together as a group and keep an eye on the bride – she is going to regret that one final fling or that glass of wine too many.
7. NEVER upset the organiser. Whilst a lot of girls love organising, some do find it hard work and although you may have done an Oxford Hen Weekend differently, just go with the flow & enjoy it as much as you can.
8. NEVER skip a health & safety briefing. The last thing you want is broken bones, or heaven forbid a groom with a black eye from a paintball pellet!
9. NEVER skip a meal. Eat whenever you can – especially if you are drinking. There are plenty of great places that serve ladies on Oxford Stag Weekends – try a bar or restaurant down George Street or a nice student pub, like The Head of the River.
10. NEVER think that you can’t mix a bit of fun with culture. Why not visit the Ashmoleum museum or a university park? Who said that Oxford Hen Weekends can’t be educational as well as fun!
For further information about Banzai's Oxford Hen Weekends visit http://www.banzai-