1. Find out how many people are who is coming on the stag weekend and what dates they are all free (sounds easy, but co-ordinating diaries takes ages so pencil in plenty of time for this)
2. Email or text everyone and find out how much they are looking to spend – doing your research on affordability early saves a lot of drop-outs and disappointment later on
3. Consider what you want to do & what people like doing. Do you want it to be laid back or wild, adventurous or tame? What will the people coming want to do?
4. Armed with all the above info, choose an activity. Consider Quad biking, air weapon shooting, rally driving, dog racing, go karting or horse racing or a combination, but remember you can’t do them all. Check out our ultimate stag weekend activity packages to get you started.
5. Choose a hotel – you want it to be clean, affordable and central. Trip Advisor and other review websites are great for getting a real feel for a place.
6. Organise transport for the whole group. Minibuses can be hired if you have volunteer drivers, but do your research as you might be better to use public transport. For example, trains, bus service and taxis are great in Oxford and should definitely be considered first as parking can be expensive.
7. Give your group the total price and ask for the money upfront. Remember to include ALL of the costs including T-shirts, petrol, accommodation and activities. No one likes expensive surprises later down the line. Get all of the money as this prove people’s commitment and will stop people from dropping out.
8. Do the fun stuff like choosing a fancy dress costume, ordering T-shirts, booking additional entertainment, finding restaurants and booking VIP club entry, as no-one likes to queue.
If building your own Oxford Stag weekend sounds like too much hard work, you can always give us a call and see if we can take the stress away. We can’t co-ordinate your diaries, but we can book activities, accommodation and club entry and our rates are always really competitive. To find out more, take a look at our Oxford Stag Weekend packages.