Back pain, joint pain, musculoskeletal and sports injuries.
Affordable and effective treatment.
Dr Les Bailey phd, DO, acopm, apta (int part ), woodmansterne / Banstead, Surrey
A clinician with over 30 years experience who has worked in many clinics across the UK as well as in Kalubowila Hospital in Sri Lanka. I have been senior osteopathic lecturer at the Northern college of osteopaths teaching osteopathic technique and lecturing on rheumatic spectrum diseases and contraindications to treatment as well as teaching at sequoia college in Cardiff (Remedial massage, acupuncture for musculoskeletal pain, manipulative therapy, advanced manipulative therapy, ayurvedic head massage, anatomy and physiology, differential diagnosis, NVQ preparation, orthotic prescription. I taught all of the above to professional level.
- Andrew still college osteopaths diploma 1983
- Qualified osteopathy 1993 northern college of osteopaths (DO).
- Awarded teaching/lecturer diploma northern college of osteopaths 1993 where I was a senior lecturer for 3 years.
- remedial massage diploma first awarded 1981 (London academy of massage and physical culture)
- Phd awarded by thesis from OIUCM 2009 for research into plantar fasciitis
- Awarded lifetime membership medicina alternativa 1992
- Awarded the fellowship international lasertherapy association 1994
- Diploma in manipulative medical science 1991 (medicina alternativa)
- Former adviser on standards in therapy at the institute of complimentary medicine.
- Certificate in acupuncture for musculoskeletal pain control 1995
- Diploma in biomechanics DipBmec,college of foot health practitioners 2008
- Author of "the laymans guide to foot and heel pain”, 1st edition 2005, final 3rd edition 2010
- Registered with ACOPM and APTA (international partner)
1981-1987 Tyringham Naturopathic Clinic, Buckinghamshire. Head of department remedial massage area. Looking after 8 massage practitioners and overseeing patient care and treatments.
1988-1999 Opened my own clinic in Milton Keynes “the mk clinic of osteopathy and chiropractic”
1999-2002 Worked from my own clinics in Carshalton as well as running a very succesful orthotic prescription business.
2008-present I worked for a short time for “the clinic” , before deciding to begin treating patients from home with the long term view of having my own clinic again. In the current economic climate , I am aiming this at “affordable treatment” with orthotics as an extra service should the need arise.
Links about my work.
Dr Les Bailey, Woodmansterne, Banstead, Surrey