“With my work in MS4 environmental compliance for the University of Maine, keeping track of all of the catch basins and outfalls of storm water management system can be a daunting task–we have nearly 700 of them on campus! “ says Benjamin from the University of Maine Facilities Management.
The responsibilities include:
· Managing stormwater to control flood and erosion.
· Managing hazardous materials to minimize environmental pollutants
· Planning stormwater systems
· Constructing systems to avoid polluting groundwater resources
· Protect natural water ways
Mapping locations can help engineers tremendously complete their tasks in an organized manner. With the launch of Topo.ly’s mapping application last year, people from different areas of physical facilities management are able to minimize the time and effort to plan intelligently and timely for the precipitation events.
Topo.ly uses Google Maps interface so users are able to easily visualize the geographic locations of their catch basins thereby making it easier for them to plan effectively before an impending disaster impacts their area.
Features of Topo.ly Mapping
Great features of the application allow the users to:
· Build maps from their own data of address locations
· Apply filters to easily view certain locations
· Share maps to other departments
· Add multiple data layers
· Secure their data with password-protected login and SSL connection
Benjamin, mentioned above, said about Topo.ly Mapping:
“Thanks to Topo.ly I can easily find all of our catch basins during in-field inspections and sort them by a wide array of categories of my own choosing. This is a powerful tool for anyone trying to manage a large number of mapping points, and really helps us save time and energy when doing our inspections and cleanings! Other mapping systems on the web just don’t compare–Topo.ly is where it’s at!”
Mapping is so easy with Topo.ly. With the simplest and the quickest mapping solutions, who would need expensive map-creation software programs that are complicated to understand.