According to Bayer, the company pushes for quick projects for several reasons:
1. Don’t leave value in the conference room – every day that a website isn’t in production is another day of inefficiencies in customer service and frustrated customers. Better to reap some value than no value at all!
2. “Perfection is the enemy of the good” – Scope creep will kill a project. The longer a project is in development, the more people will seek perfection…try and solve that obscure use case, tweak that error message 18 times etc.
3. Websites should be complete but they are never done – You will always be evolving the website. Always. Might as well get into the habit right away by putting something out there and going right into the rhythm of planning and executing the next release.
4. Gain momentum – Every organization needs a morale booster. Launching a website quickly…and getting the positive feedback from your customers…will nourish clients for the journey ahead.
5. Less blah blah blah – more action! I hate talking about what we should do, how we’re going to do it, what it should look like. Got a problem with the way something is behaving? Fix it now! Not important enough to deal with it right away? Let’s not get distracted by talking about it and let’s focus on something that is important to our Go live.
b2b2dot0 offers a real time SaaS eCommerce solution that reduces costs, labor, risk, and Days Sales Outstanding by extending SAP data and business processes to the online ordering process. B2B buyers get accurate, real time, and personalized information as well as online access to official order documents. Buyers are empowered to make accurate business decisions in a self-service mode, and accounts payable roles can utilize the Web AR solution to apply credits and pay open invoices online.
Magento and b2b2dot0
Magento is a powerful open-source eCommerce platform that manufacturers can use to build and run online stores. It offers manufacturers the ability to easily create customized eCommerce experiences for their buyers, and enables companies to market their products to a variety of audiences. Integrating Magento with b2b2dot0′s SAP-integrated service, manufacturers can create a web sales channel focused on their largest revenue source that rivals those of consumer-oriented sites.
Focusing on Core Competencies
Bayer also noted that, “All of our clients have made a conscious decision to focus on their core competencies...manufacturing...and the support thereof. They do not want to become eCommerce technology gurus.” The "modern day" IT Executive is more concerned with delivering real value to their customers and maintaining organizational agility than growing the number of software developers in their organization.
Sam Bayer, CEO