Sunvil Discovery is pleased to announce that its exclusive flight to Beja in the heart of the Alentejo will continue – departing London Heathrow once a week – in 2012. Following the success of the flight and expanded Alentejo programme in 2011, a new section detailing what to do and see in this unspoilt region now features.
New properties include elegant manor house Casa do Sezim, set in its own vineyards just outside Guimaraes, European Capital of Culture for 2012, and the luxurious five-star Onyria Marinha Edition Hotel & Thalasso near Cascais, complete with golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Senior that offers fantastic views over the Atlantic and Sintra mountain range.
Comments Rosanna Melaragni, Sunvil Discovery’s Product Manager: “We have always delved a little deeper into Portugal, venturing to little-known areas and focusing on characterful pousadas and family-run properties. Our Alentejo programme is a prime example – untouched and unknown, it offers a beautiful landscape of sweeping plains dotted with cork trees and pretty whitewashed villages without the crowds. Following the introduction of the Beja flight in 2011, we have added three new properties to the region for 2012, and are offering more of an insight into what to see and do in this fascinating area. New properties have also been handpicked in Madeira, Northern Portugal and Porto.”
Inspiration for what to see and do in the Alentejo can be found on pages 50-51. Recommendations range from vineyard tours for wine lovers and surfing spots on the rugged Atlantic coast, to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Evora for culture vultures and the Castro Verde, a semi-natural habitat for birds known as a pseudo-steppe area, one of the most important in Europe and a must for keen birdwatchers.
NEW properties for 2012:
• The Yeatman Hotel, Porto, Northern Portugal: Perched in a privileged position on the south bank of the Douro, this five-star property is set in peaceful landscaped grounds. All rooms offer views over the river to the historic centre of Porto. Prices from £563 pp* for three nights including B&B, flights (Gatwick) and transfers.
• Casa do Sezim, Guimaraes, Northern Portugal: the ancestral home of its present owners since 1376 and located just outside Portugal’s former capital, this traditional manor house produces wine that is exported to America and Europe. Prices from £720 pp* for seven nights including B&B, flights (Heathrow) and car hire.
• Onyria Marinha Edition Hotel & Thalasso, Cascais, Lisbon: Newly opened in March 2011, the exclusive Onyria is situated four km from Cascais. It overlooks a large golf course and provides easy access to the stunning Lisbon-Sintra coastline. Prices from £1,056 pp* for seven nights including B&B, flights (Heathrow) and car hire.
• Pateo da Vila, Vila Nova de Milfontes, Alentejo: Well-maintained apartments that are perfectly placed in a quiet location just a five-minute walk from the centre of this atmospheric seaside town. Prices from £497 pp* for seven nights including self-catering, flights (Heathrow) and transfers.
• Hotel Sao Domingos, Mertola, Alentejo: Located within a 2,000 hectare estate, this 19th century property has been carefully renovated and provides an ideal base from which to explore the Guadiana National Park. Prices from £615 pp* for seven nights including B&B, flights (Heathrow) and car hire.
• CS Hotel do Lago, Montargil, Alentejo: In a picturesque setting on Lake Montargil, this five-star property is just one hour’s drive from Lisbon and boasts a luxurious spa and marina with a range of water sports. Prices from £741 pp* for seven nights including B&B, flights (Heathrow) and car hire.
• The Vine Hotel, Funchal, Madeira: A member of the Design Hotels Group, The Vine combines post-modern contemporary architecture with stylish decor. Located in Funchal’s centre, the spacious rooms exude quality and comfort. Prices from £935 pp* for seven nights including B&B, flights (Gatwick) and transfers.
• Quinta do Furao, Santana, Madeira: Set on the Gramacho Plateau on Madeira’s unspoiled north coast, this characterful property with its own vineyard offers dramatic views across the coast. Guests can help with the grape harvest in September. Prices from £661 pp* for seven nights including B&B, flights (Gatwick) and car hire.
*Prices are based on two sharing. The lead-in price is from £490 pp (two sharing), staying at the Casa da Eira in Vila Nova de Milfontes on the coast of the Alentejo. The price includes return flights (Heathrow), transfers and seven nights’ B&B.
For at-a-glance information on accommodation choices or properties ideal for families, honeymoons, special occasions and spa breaks, please see pages 8-9 of the brochure. For details on the Pousadas of Portugal, see pages 10-11, and for tailor-made options, see pages 12-13.
To order the new 2012 Sunvil Discovery – real Portugal & Madeira brochure, call 020 8758 4747. Alternatively, visit http://www.sunvil.co.uk for further information and a pdf copy downloadable in sections.
19 December 2011
Press: For more information, please contact Mika Bishop at Travel PR on 020 8891 4440 or email@example.com.
# # #
Travel PR is one of the leading travel PR agencies in the UK with over 30 clients covering trade associations, hotels, tour operators and tourist boards.