PRLog - Dec. 15, 2011 - (Sunnyvale,CA)
Circular 88 released jointly by The Minstry of Finance (MoF), the Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM), the General Administration of Customs (GAC) and the State Administration of Taxation (SAT) also confirmed the extension of Value Added Tax (VAT) refund on purchase of domestically-
Criteria for foreign invested R&D centres to be eligible for tax incentives
* The status of qualified R&D centres to be reviewed and verified by the department of commerce and other relevant departments.
* Total investment is the total amount of investment as specified in the approval certificate of the foreign investment enterprise (FIE).
* Total R&D contribution refers to the FIE's investment in assets for the establishment and development of the R&D centre. This also includes assets to be delivered pursuant to executed purchase contracts. The lists of purchased assets and contracts for assets to be purchased have to be provided to the approving authorities.
* Average “Annual R&D expenditures incurred for R&D activities during the most recent two fiscal years needs to be calculated. Expenditures either in cash and contribution in kind for R&D activities should not be less than 60% of the total R&D expenditures.
* 'Full time R&D personnel' refers to full time R&D personnel involved in basic research, application research and experimental development. This also includes a)personnel directly involved in the above mentioned activities; (b) full time technology personnel; (c) personnel involved in preparing research related documents, supplying materials and equipment. All the above personnel need to have employment contracts with the R&D centre or the FIE with a term of more than one year.
The authorities will conduct a re-assessment of the qualifications of foreign invested R&D centres that have already been granted a tax exemption or refund incentive every two years.
Please call or email for more details.
About Nair & Co.
Nair & Co. provides you with your one touch outsourced finance, internal audit compliance, HR and legal department for your international operations. If you are expanding abroad for the first time, our turnkey solution will help you do so with minimal risk, stress and cost. We currently support more than 1000+ client operations in over 50 countries and have core offices in U.K., India, China, U.S., Japan and Singapore. Nair & Co. was named among the top 100 outsourcing services providers in the world by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP). Learn more at www.nair-co.com
# # #
Sunnyvale, CA —Vyoma Nair, co-founder of Nair & Co., a firm that helps companies expand internationally, has been recognized as one of Silicon Valley’s ‘2011 Women of Influence’ by the Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal.