Leading Points Corporation has teamed up with Hero Bar™ to recognize those who have shown the greatest courage on the battlefield and provide support to some of the organizations making the greatest impact on our veteran’s community here in Colorado. The Soldier Holiday Fundraiser gives shoppers the unique opportunity to raise funds for local veterans’ organizations and share the heroic stories of Medal of Honor recipients by purchasing Hero Bar™ chocolate bars for their loved ones and colleagues.
“Our men and women of the military are called upon to make great sacrifices and face many challenges when they come home or even while still deployed,” said Leading Points CEO Kevin Sullivan. “This program will recognize some of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while supporting the organizations that help our veterans and their families on a daily basis.”
Each Hero Bar™ honors the memory of a Medal of Honor recipient by detailing his profile of courage and sacrifice. The Medal of Honor is the highest military decoration awarded by the United States government. It is bestowed by the President, in the name of Congress, upon members of the United States Armed Forces who distinguish themselves through "conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his or her life above and beyond the call of duty while engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States.
By visiting Soldiers Holiday, customers can choose the story of a real American hero and send that story and premium chocolate bar (Made in the USA) for less than $10.
The goal of “Soldiers’
Benefitting charities include:
• Project Sanctuary: Providing retreats to help military families reconnect following deployments.
• Denver Fisher House: Providing a home away from home for the active military, veterans and their families while undergoing medical treatment.
• VFW Post 1: The oldest and one of the most active combat veteran organizations in the United States.
• Operation Homefront: Provides assistance to members of the military and their families in times of emergency.
• Women Veterans of Colorado: With more than 17 percent of today’s military made up of women, this organization highlights the accomplishments and needs of this often overlooked group of veterans.
About Leading Points Corporation:
Leading Points Corporation, founded in 2004, specializes in marketing to the military and government markets. They are considered the experts in matters of securing placement of their clients' products in the military exchange store distribution channel as well as developing special promotions to the military community. The company is headquartered in Centennial, Colo.