"Unfortunately, you don’t really “burn” or “lose” the fat cells. But you can “shrink” the fat cells," says Carey Yang, a fat loss expert and celebrity personal trainer in Morris County, NJ.
Yang is the owner and master trainer at Beyond Fitness Solutions, LLC – a leading in-home personal training company serving clients in Morris, Sussex, Passaic, Essex and Somerset County areas in Northern New Jersey.
The bad news is that fat cells can increase both in size (hypertrophy)
"When you “lose” body fat, the fat cells don’t go anywhere. The fat cells stays right where they were before, under the skin and on top of the your muscles. In fact you just “empty out” or “shrink” the fat cells," Yang says.
Fat is stored inside the fat cells. The fat is not burned right there in the fat cells, it must be liberated from the fat cells through somewhat complex hormonal and biochemical pathways. Fat cell releases its contents (triaglycerol)
Yang adds, "an infant usually has about 5 to 6 billion fat cells. This number increases during early childhood and puberty, and a healthy adult with normal body composition has about 25 to 30 billion fat cells."
Now here’s the ugly part. A typical overweight adult has around 75 billion fat cells. In the case of severe obesity, this number can be as high as 250 to 300 billion!
The average size (weight) of an adult fat cell is about 0.6 micrograms, ranging from 0.2 micograms to 0.9 micrograms. An overweight person’s fat cells can be up to three times larger than a person with ideal body composition.
"Sounds depressing!? What can you do to shrink those fat cells?" Yang says. "Learn the following take-home fat lessons:"
1. Calories count! The signal that triggers your body to release adipose from fat cells is an energy deficit… you have to burn more than you eat.
2. Cut calories conservatively. Starving yourself may cause quick weightloss at first, but never works long term because it actually decreases the activity of fat burning enzymes that release fat from the cells. to avoid this “starvation mode” use exercise to burn the fat, not very low calorie crash diets.
3. Get control of your weight now. If you are gaining weight, and especially if your weight is climbing upwards out of control, make a decision to stop right now. Your fat cells might be multiplying, making it more difficult to get lean in the future. now is the time!
4. If you’ve already lost weight, you must be forever diligent. Your fat cells are not gone, they have merely “shrunk” or “emptied out.” Fitness is not a 12 week program, its a lifestyle.
5. To stay lean you have to eat clean and stay active.
Genetics are only a minor factor. You may not have control over how many fat cells you were born with, but you do control the major factors that determine how much fat you store: lifestyle, exercise, nutrition, mental attitude.
About C. Carey Yang and Beyond Fitness Solutions, LLC
C. Carey Yang, Your Dream Body WorkoutXpertTM, is a certified personal trainer and fitness boot camp instructor based in Denville, New Jersey. He provides in-home personal fitness training, backyard boot camp, wellness and lifestyle coaching, and fitness and weight-management seminar. He specializes in helping busy, working professionals who want safe, effective workouts with maximum results in minimum time. Yang is the creator of the 6-Step Dream Body BlueprintTM Fitness Makeover System.
Yang is an AFAA-Certified Biggest Loser® Pro Fitness Professional and NESTA-Certified Kung-Fu Fitness Instructor.
To learn more about lifestyle and wellness coaching, personal fitness training and nutritional counseling and to sign up for a free monthly e-zine, receive free fitness and fat loss e-books, and schedule a complimentary consultation, visit http://www.BeyondFitnessSolutions.com.
He is also available for media interviews, providing a list of tips and articles, and presenting wellness and fitness seminar. Call 973-303-2424 or email Carey at BeyondFitnessSolutions.com.
# # #
The company provides In-home personal fitness training, backyard boot camp, wellness and lifestyle coaching, and weight-management seminar. We specialize in helping busy people who want safe, effective workouts with maximum results in minimum time.