The program was announced earlier this month at the company's annual event that recognizes the contributions of all staff members, as well as several key partners. This year's event was a private dinner at Sotto Sotto in Atlanta.
At the dinner, MediPurpose founder and CEO Patrick Yi saluted three MediPurpose employees for their commitment and dedication, which included:
* Steven Yi, group CFO, with MediPurpose since 2003.
* Cheryl Channell, customer services manager, with MediPurpose since 2005.
* Randy Prather, president and COO, with MediPurpose since 2006.
Each was presented with a commemorative pewter plate and a cash bonus, as well as a personal statement from Yi about each honoree's history, contributions and achievements at MediPurpose.
"I am very proud of what MediPurpose has accomplished, and I'm even more enthused about what is yet to come," said Yi. "Of course, none of it would be possible without the unique combination of personal ownership, commitment to the company and honest communication that are the hallmark qualities of our staff."
Along with spotlighting each employee's individual achievements, the program was also a tribute to collective contributions from the company's first decade of operation, said Yi.
Created as a startup in 1999 as SurgiLance Pte Ltd in Singapore to support its flagship medical product, the One-Step safety lancet (now known as the SurgiLance(r)
In 2000, MediPurpose introduced SurgiLance(r)
In 2010, MediPurpose introduced its newest medical product line, babyLance(r)
Other milestones from the medical device company's first 10 years include:
* 2000: SurgiLance Inc (now known as MediPurpose Inc) established to serve U.S. customers
* 2001: Sales top $1 million
* 2002: Sales top $3 million
* 2003: Sales top $6.3 million
* 2003: Frost and Sullivan Distribution Leadership Award received
* 2004: First European distribution agreement for SurgiLance(r)
* 2005: 100 million SurgiLance(r)
* 2007: SurgiLance(r)
* 2008: 500 millionth SurgiLance(r)
* 2009: MediPurpose launches Innovation and Distribution Services divisions
* 2010: MediPurpose launches Advanced Wound Care division
* 2010: First US, Canadian and European distribution agreements for babyLance(r)
# # #
Founded in 1999, MediPurpose is a leading medical device company headquartered in Singapore, with offices in the United States and Europe.
Known for its popular SurgiLance(r)
MediPurpose's Innovation division offers angel funding and developmental expertise for new medical device inventors and innovative medical product companies that seek entrance into new medical device markets.
For more information about MediPurpose's medical products and solutions for inventors, innovators, manufacturers and distributors, please visit http://www.medipurpose.com.