The Balancing Act is one of America’s premier women’s morning shows. Watch as METAvivor team members Kelly Lange, Dian Corneliussen-
Important Facts about Stage IV, Metastatic Breast Cancer (MBC)
· Approximately 30% of breast cancer patients metastasize, and 97 – 98% die as a result.
· Average survival after diagnosis with metastatic breast cancer is two years.
· Early detection is no guarantee of survival. Stage 0 patients can and do metastasize.
· There is no safety zone for breast cancer survivors. They can metastasize 25 and more years after their initial cancer treatment.
· Only an estimated 5% of all cancer research funds in the Western world go toward any type of Stage IV cancer research – yet 90% of all cancer deaths and 100% of all breast cancer deaths are caused by a metastasis. In the US, the amount put into metastatic research appears to be closer to 2%.
· METAvivor advocates spending 30% of all breast cancer research dollars on funding MBC because 30% of cancer patients metastasize.
METAvivor is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization founded by metastatic breast cancer (MBC) patients in 2009, and is dedicated to women and men who live with Stage IV metastatic breast cancer (MBC). METAvivor raises awareness of MBC, provides support for people living with this disease, and offers many opportunities for others to help make a difference for the metastatic community. Our top priority is to fund the critical research that will lead to advances in treatment options, quality of life and survival for patients diagnosed with MBC.
Since 2009, METAvivor has expanded nationwide, awarded 10 research grants totaling $600,000, obtained a significant following, and become a leader in its field. METAvivor is the only national organization with a peer-reviewed grant program aimed at exclusively funding MBC research.
Visit our website at www.metavivor.org to learn more.
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/
About The Balancing Act® on Lifetime Television
Now in its 6th year, The Balancing Act® continues to empower women in all aspects of their lives. The mission at The Balancing Act is simple - the show strives to help today’s modern woman balance it all by bringing them positive solutions to enrich and empower them. Entertaining, educational and trusted by women, viewers can tune in to America’s premier morning show The Balancing Act on weekday mornings at 7:00 am (ET/PT) on Lifetime television.
For additional information or to view a segment visit: www.thebalancingact.com
Join the Conversation!
Like us on www.facebook.com/
Follow us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/
Watch us on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/