According to Jack Bicer, TechBiz Connection president, we've all seen buzz words come and go in the tech world. Bicer asked, “What is IoT, IoE or MtoM technology? Is it life as we know it or is it just fantasy or Hollywood sci-fi? How is IoT affecting business, affecting lifestyles and are we ready for it or has it already become a hidden part of everyday life and we just don't know it?”
· What is IoT? What are the elements that use IoT or include IoT initiatives?
· What's the Myth? What's just in the movies vs what you can feasibly bring to market?
· What's the Reality? What are the real benefits we are gaining from IoT?
· What's the Trend? The most obvious, least obvious aspects of IoT in everyday life.
· What's the Challenge? People's expectations vs costs vs adaptability of markets and consumers.
· What's the Takeaway? What are the opportunities for startups?
· As consumers, what is coming and how do we deal with them?
The panel moderator is Al Ramirez, Twitter political personality andTBC board member. Al started his career at AT&T more than 20 years ago and went on to join successful startup teams during the late 1990s boom. His experience as part of a management team preparing an IPO in 1999 lead to a senior leadership role with Samsung where he helped direct the development of some of the wireless technologies that are just now becoming common elements of the Internet of Things.
Panelist Thumbnail Bios
· Mark Francis, sports management consultant, BaAM Productions and sports business instructor at UCLA, is a specialist in the areas of sports management and marketing. He speaks regularly on the topic of sports marketing and management having spoken most recently at UCLA, UCLA Extension, Occidental College, University of New Brunswick and University of California at Irvine.
· Beverly Macy, CEO of Gravity Summit, Inc. is a radio host, educator, speaker, blogger, and thought-leader. She is the author of The Power of Real-Time Social Media Marketing and a regular contributor to the Huffington Post. Ms. Macy received the UCLA Extension Distinguished Instructor Award in 2010.
· Laura Michelle Berman is co-founder of Melon based in Santa Monica, Calif. Melon is a start up with a soon to be released product that works as a wearable headband that connects to one’s smartphone. She is an expert in cognitive science, neuroscience, artificial intelligence, design, programming, and engineering. Ms. Berman is a graduate of Pomona College.
The TBC Forum’s discussion and subsequent question-and-
Admission to the TechBiz Connection event is $20 prepaid and $40 at the door. For further information and RSVP, visit http://www.techbizconnection.org or e-mail email@example.com.
TechBiz Connection (http://www.techbizconnection.org)
Daly-Swartz PR for TechBiz Connection
Jeffrey Swartz, 949-470-0075