When staying in a city, it’s all about location. Knowing you don’t have to battle with unfamiliar metro systems and buses at the end of a day’s sightseeing makes for a far more relaxing break.
With this in mind, here’s a selection of slick city apartments with Spain-holiday.com – all of which are in prime positions for sightseeing:
A few steps from Plaza Mayor
Given its name, it’s no surprise that the characterful Plaza Mayor 1 apartment (property ref – 20674) is situated so close to Madrid’s impressively-
- A three-night stay in June costs from £234 total or £59 pp (four sharing). A three-night stay in October costs from £309 total or £77 pp (four sharing). Flights extra.
Within spitting distance of the cathedral
Seville’s Puerta Cathedral Suites (property ref – 14666) consist of five two-bedroom suites that share a communal roof-top terrace which is ideal for sunbathing or sundowners. Situated on Avenida de la Constitución, the apartments are right by the impressive Gothic structure’s west façade, meaning you can admire the gargoyles and other intricate carvings without stepping outside.
- A three-night stay in June costs from £516 total or £86 pp (six sharing). A three-night stay in October costs from £615 total or £103 pp (six sharing). Flights extra.
Deep in the Gothic Quarter
Stay amidst the action in Barcelona, between the buzzing boulevard of La Rambla and neoclassical Plaça Reial with its endless options of restaurants, bars and clubs. The apartment itself, Art 1 (property ref – 2209) is located within a 19th century building, and boasts three double bedrooms, two bathrooms and a spacious kitchen-cum-
- A three-night stay in June or October costs from £666 total or £111 pp (six sharing). Flights extra.
A stone’s throw from the sea
Cool San Sebastián on the Basque coast is a foodie centre and also home to some of the best city beaches in Europe. Stay moments from the main beach, Playa de la Concha, at the studio apartment Miraconcha IV (property ref – 19448). The popular beach looks out across the bay, offering safe swimming, watersports and plenty of space for sunbathing. The modern apartment is also well located for exploring the old town, and the perfect place to tuck in to pintxos (the Basque equivalent of tapas).
- A four-night stay in June costs from £456 total or £228 pp (two sharing). A three-night stay in October costs from £246 total or £123 pp (two sharing). Flights extra.
A short hop from Museo Picasso
A few paces from the Museo Picasso Málaga – undoubtedly one of the highlights of Picasso’s hometown – sits this central Malaga apartment (property ref – 18816). The Picasso collection showcases everything from his early studies to late work from the 1970s and also holds temporary Picasso-related exhibitions. The swish and modern apartment has one bedroom (plus a large sofa bed), a bathroom and is just a short walk from the cathedral, the popular shopping street Calle Marqués de Larios and Casa Natal de Picasso (Picasso’s birthplace).
- A three-night stay in June or September costs from £222 total or £111 pp (two sharing). Alternatively, a three-night stay with four people costs from £282 total or £71 pp (four sharing). Flights extra.
For further information contact Spain-holiday.com on 020 3384 7066 or visit http://www.spain-
ENDS – 6 May 2014
Note for Editors: Claus Sørensen, founder of www.spain-holiday.com, is an expert on all things Spanish, having resided in Spain since 2000, and is happy to help with any enquiries or to provide opinions/comment/
Media enquiries: For further information, photography or press trips to Spain, please contact Julia Farish or Helena Hamlyn, Travel PR, tel: 020 8891 4440, email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.