Highlights include Minnesota-Duluth taking the honor of top stadium experience for hockey games at Amsoil Arena.
Lucas Oil Stadium, home of the Indianapolis Colts, took the honor of best stadium in the NFL for the third consecutive season.
Similarly, Phog Allen Fieldhouse, home of Kansas Jayhawks basketball, got the nod for best college basketball arena.
Also completing the tri-fecta for best in their league for the third consecutive year were the Seattle Sounders FC of MLS, and Van Andel Arema, home of the Grand Rapids Griffins, for minor league/junior hockey.
Other top venues by league include:
MLB, Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox
NBA, AT&T Center, home of the San Antonio Spurs
NHL, Xcel Energy Center, home of the Minnesota Wild
College Football, Notre Dame Stadium, home of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Minor League Baseball, Pensacola Bayfront Stadium, home of the Pensacola Blue Wahoos
NASCAR, Daytona International Speedway, home of the Daytona 500
California, Florida, and Texas tied for the most stadiums to make the list with eight for each state.
Venues were rated by the home tenant in question, and several venues made the list of the Top 100 more than once. These stadiums/arenas included:
· Durham Bulls Athletic Park; home of the Dirham Bulls and the 2013 ACC Baseball Tournament
· JELD-WEN Field; home of the Portland Thorns and Portland Timbers
· CenturyLink Field; home of the Seattle Sounders FC and Seattle Seahawks
Colleges that made the list on multiple occasions include:
· Notre Dame (hockey and football)
· Nebraska (football and baseball)
· Michigan (football and basketball)
· Michigan State (football and basketball)
· Texas (football, baseball, and basketball)
Cities with three or more stadiums on the Stadium Journey Top 100 include Los Angeles, Tampa-St Petersburg, Minneapolis-
The complete listing of top stadium experiences, including the listing by league, can be found at the Stadium Journey website -http://www.stadiumjourney.com/