Saturday, December 7th at 10 am. We will be meeting at the Welchville Junction parking lot(Route 26 & 121). Bring $20 and a friend (who brings $20 too).
What’s a Cash Mob?
A Cash Mob is a flash mob with a buy-local, community-oriented twist.
How does it work?
A Cash Mob is announced with a meeting location and time. The business to be mobbed is not announced in advance (although many people try to guess where it will be). Participants are asked to bring $20, and each cash mob begins with participants holding up their $20 bills together. Then the business to be mobbed is announced, a cheer goes up from the crowd, and the participants walk to the business and spend their money. After a particular business is “mobbed” the participants have an After-Mob Party to celebrate our local economy and community. As part of the celebration, prizes donated by local businesses are given away and refreshments are offered (generously paid for by the After-Mob Party sponsor). Everyone who attends will also receive a fee Cash Mob reusable shopping tote filled with goodies!
• The Cash Mob helps two local businesses (the Cash Mob target and the After-Mob Party provider) on their "bottom line", strengthening the local economy
• Participants see old friends and meet new people, strengthening the local community
• It's fun
We can’t do this alone:
Cash Mobs are made possibility through the generosity of:
• Our organizer: W. J. Wheeler Insurance, a locally owned independent insurance agency (since 1864) with offices in South Paris and Bethel. President, Michael Newsom invites everyone to “Come join the fun!”
• Our season sponsors: Casco Candles, Maine C&C Farm, H&R Block in South Paris, Café Nomad, Carter's XC Ski, Hannaford, Bessey Motors, Market Square Restaurant and the Advertiser Democrat.
• Our After mob party sponsor is Progressive Insurance
Further information can be found on our site: http://www.westernmainecashmob.com/