MovNat has already taken off in America but The Fit Lab is one of the first UK gyms to adopt the fitness programme, running regular group sessions since July 2013.
Stuart Best is principle trainer at The Fit Lab, with 17 years industry experience and a Level 2 Certified MovNat Instructor. Stuart says: “The MovNat Instructor Certification and Power & Agility Workshop attracted some fantastic instructors from across Europe, as well as fitness enthusiasts from around the UK. Everyone in attendance shares our passion for teaching the most innovative fitness programme to restore natural human movement. St Albans is a forward thinking city and its residents come to us because they are tired of the monotony of regular gyms. MovNat is constantly evolving so we never teach the same class twice.”
MovNat is a fitness system based on the full range of natural human movement skills:
1) Locomotive skills: walking, running, jumping, balancing, crawling, climbing and swimming
2) Manipulative skills: lifting, carrying, throwing and catching
3) And, combative skills: striking and grappling.
With innovative classes such as MovNat, Grind (an alternative to Crossfit) and FightStrong, The Fit Lab attracts regular clients from the local area who are looking for high quality coaching and expert advice. It offers no contracts or direct debits, so clients simply book and pay for the sessions they want to attend.
The Fit Lab runs the following MovNat sessions: Mondays at 7:15pm, Tuesdays at 10am/6:30pm and Wednesdays at 7:45pm. Class sizes are limited so early registration is advised, book online at: www.thefitlab.co.uk.
Fit Lab and MovNat regular, Devonee 49, St Albans says “When Stuart first briefed us to crawl along cushioned mats, like lions creeping towards its prey; I must admit I was sceptical about MovNat, but even after the first class I was hooked. It is immersive and interesting, focusing on natural human movements which has improved my flexibility and strength. The trainers at The Fit Lab always make you feel as though they are your own Personal Trainer, even if there are 20 people in the class.”
Images of the MovNat Instructor Certification and Power & Agility Workshop: http://www.thefitlab.co.uk/
The Fit Lab focuses on total health as well as fitness with correct posture and proper movement at the heart of everything it teaches. Mark Owen-Ward, co-founder of The Fit Lab is an advanced personal trainer and a qualified Jado Kuin Do martial art instructor, which runs three times a week for kids and adults.
The Fit Lab also has a resident physiotherapist, Chris Lewis, who is experienced working with amateur, professional and International elite athletes, including the London 2012 athletes.
The 2-day Power & Agility Workshop is focused on expanding your understanding of natural movement and movement efficiency. The MovNat system trains physical competence for practical performance and the knowledge you’ll gain will help you incorporate MovNat training into your routine.
The next Power & Agility Workshop will be held at The Fit Lab in late 2013, for more details contact the Fit Lab team. – ENDS -
NOTES TO EDITORS
• The Fit Lab is located at: Unit B5 156, St Albans Road, Sandridge, Hertfordshire, AL4 9LP.
• Classes at The Fit Lab include:
o MetCon, an abbreviation of Metabolic Conditioning;
o Grind, an alternative to Crossfit, without the focus on timed workout, but on workouts with good form that are great for your body’s musculoskeletal health and joint integrity. Mondays 8:30pm.
o FightStrong is a non-contact fight fitness class that is based around Boxing and Kick Boxing techniques using bodyweight, medicine balls and resistance bands. Tuesdays 7:45pm and Thursdays at 10am/6pm.
o Jado Martial Arts, Tuesdays at 4:30pm, Wednesdays at 6:30pm, Thursdays at 4:30pm
• Level 2 MovNat Certified Instructor enables Stuart to teach MovNat Power & Agility Workshops endorsed by MovNat.
• Follow The Fit Lab on Twitter: Twitter.com/@
• Like The Fit Lab on Facebook: facebook.com/
• For more information visit http://www.thefitlab.co.uk or contact: Shelley Doyle at Present PR 07764 497362 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What you can learn on The Fit Lab’s Next Power & Agility course
• Learn the MovNat approach to training natural human movement skills for physical competence, efficiency and practical performance.
• Understand our Movement Efficiency Principles and how to apply them to any technique or drill.
• Train the Fundamental MovNat Techniques and countless movement variations in walking, running, jumping, balancing, crawling, climbing, lifting, carrying, throwing and catching.
• Apply these techniques and key principles during challenging combos and obstacle courses designed according to your individual abilities and limitations.
• Learn the basics of movement video analysis and be able to analyse, correct, and improve your MovNat techniques.
• Be coached on how to program and implement your own MovNat training through technical training, Combos, and Opportunistic Training in nature, indoors, or in a city.
• Ask questions about lifestyle, diet and training regimen that will boost your results.
• Connect with like-minded people from your area, dedicated to their “True Nature” to be strong, healthy, happy and free.