The result is a more successful and profitable operation with less time spent on the phone and more booked appointments, as current and prospective clients can now book when it's most convenient for them, 24 hours a day.
Choosing the application that's just right for your business, however, can be tricky. This is especially true in the realm of online scheduling programs, as there are dozens upon dozens of options to choose from.
Considering the important role that online scheduling would play in your operations, it's vital to do your homework and put in the time to analyze your specific scheduling needs, as well as properly research all of the scheduling providers you're considering.
While not every massage practice or therapist has the same needs and requirements, there are a few standard considerations that every massage professional should take into account before choosing a provider.
The five things to look for in a massage scheduling software provider are:
1. Features and functionality. Make sure the provider offers all of the features and functionality you need, both now and in the future as your business grows. While some features such as online client self-scheduling and automated reminders may be standard in most systems, other features of particular benefit to the massage industry-such as room scheduling and online payment options-may not be. Be sure to review the feature set of the provider, as well as inquire on functionality that may be stated on the company's Web page.
2. Customer support. The ability to reach a live person-whether by phone, e-mail or chat-is imperative when utilizing software such as online scheduling, considering the important role it plays in business operations. If an issue arises that impacts your customers ability to book an appointment with you-which could result in lost business over time-will you have the option of contacting a customer support representative immediately to assist you? That's not the case with all scheduling providers. Be sure the scheduling provider you select offers adequate customer support to meet your needs.
3. Experience servicing the massage industry. Some scheduling software applications can be utilized in a variety of different businesses and industries, while others cater to specific niche businesses. When researching scheduling providers, be on the lookout for examples of industries they service. If the massage industry is not one of them, be sure to inquire with the provider to see if it's compatible with your scheduling needs. For those that say they service massage professionals, ask for examples of massage clients that currently use their service, as well as any testimonials or references they may be willing to share.
4. Years in business. The number of years that an online scheduling software provider has been in business can say a lot about the quality and dependability of its application. You want to be certain that the scheduling provider you select will still be operating a year from now. Many online scheduling providers have popped up over the past few years... and many of these and others are no longer in service. Additionally, longtime scheduling providers typically have perfected their craft and offer a more reliable product than those just starting out. Experience counts in the scheduling arena.
5. Security. As a cloud-based technology, your online scheduler (and all appointment and client information)
Adding an online scheduling component to your massage practice can have an immediate and positive impact on your operations and growth. And with a little research beforehand, you can ensure a seamless and successful integration of a scheduling application that's just right for your client-booking needs.
Read more about massage scheduling software by visiting http://www.appointment-