Danny’s national UK role – which also includes responsibility for The Transline Group’s European and Canadian interests – will be based in Brighouse, Yorkshire and Nuneaton in Warwickshire.
Transline was named ‘Most Outstanding Outsourced Recruitment Organisation’
The company was set up by Managing Directors Paul Beasley and Jon Taylor, starting from a single office in Halifax, Yorkshire, in 1998 and now runs a 60-site UK-wide network as well as having operations in Ireland, Eastern Europe, Spain and, recently, Canada.
Danny, who reports direct to Paul Beasley and Jon Taylor, will build an improved sales team and spearhead new business opportunities that aim to drive turnover to £150 million within five years.
As Group Sales Director he will further build the Transline Group brand in the UK and overseas and secure new business sales that increase the company’s market share and revenue in new and emerging sectors.
“At Transline I can be part of building something fresh and new because I totally buy into Paul and Jon’s vision, energy and refreshing ‘do-it-now’
Danny Hobbs was born in Newport Pagnell and grew up in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire where he lives. He has worked in the recruitment industry for 17 years and joins Transline Group from Blue Arrow, where he was UK Sales Director.
“Danny has an entrepreneurial spirit that gives him the ability to sell consultatively and aggressively in pursuit of new opportunities for our expanding international business,” say Managing Directors, Paul Beasley and Jon Taylor.
“His personal skills in developing his colleagues, creating a real teamwork ethic and achieving goals sit alongside his talent for diplomacy, tact, self management, planning and organising as well as a knack for influencing other people. All this will enhance the service delivery that we are already proud of being well beyond the industry standard.”
Away from work Danny is a semi-professional ‘Mixed Martial Arts’ cagefighter.
He took up this combination of karate, kick boxing, wrestling, boxing and jiu-jitsu six years ago after a 10-year break from the karate he had practiced since he was five years old.
Danny was 14 when he got his 2nd Dan Black Belt and his return to fighting, with MMA, was “a natural evolvement from karate that gave me the variation and excitement I was looking for,” he says.
“MMA is a full contact combat sport that allows the standing and ground use of striking and grappling techniques from a variety of other combat sports.”
About The Transline Group:
* The Transline Group was established in 1989 by Managing Directors, Paul Beasley and Jon Taylor.
* Director, Mark Elms joined the company in 2000 and heads up its Industrial operations.
* Today, the Group is one of the UK’s largest driving and industrial staff providers and trainers and is a firm favourite of many leading household name retailers and distributors.
* Transline supplies over 6000 flex workers per day and has an on-site presence at clients’ premises in 60 locations throughout the UK.
* The Group has achieved double digit growth over the past five years and sales turnover for 2012 reached £70m plus annually.
* Group Administration Headquarters - 22-26 Commercial Street, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 1TA. Tel – 01422 349423.
* Group Operational Headquarters – Warren Bruce Court, Warren Bruce Road, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1LB. Tel – 0161 747 3007
For further information about Transline Group please visit: trrt.co.uk
For further Press information contact:
Brian Johnson, Rosemarie Teece or Graham King on 07770 841740 or 0845 371 3011