For years, options for replacing missing or compromised teeth have been limited to traditional dental prosthetics like bridgework or dentures. Recently, dental implants have become the industry’s gold standard for tooth replacement since they offer several advantages, including improved stability, enhanced jaw bone health, and a longer lifespan.
While dental implants are a great option for many edentulous or partially edentulous patients, the entire procedure from surgical implantation to placing the crown or denture on the implant can take anywhere from 6 to 10 months depending on several factors.
Now, dentists have developed a new technique called “Teeth in a Day.” Dr. R. Terry Councill, a Cypress and Houston area dentist, describes Teeth in a Day and the All-On-Four®
The process begins with 3D cone beam imaging, an innovative treatment planning technology that allows an implant dentist to place implants with a higher degree of precision. After planning, four biocompatible titanium posts are implanted in the jaw and a fixed full denture is fastened to the posts. Patients with severely compromised teeth can also undergo extraction before having Teeth in a Day placed. This means that patients can walk into their dentist’s office with no teeth or painful, unhealthy teeth and walk out of the office several hours later with a beautiful, fully functional set of replacement teeth.
All-On-4® Teeth in a Day offer several benefits, says Dr. Councill, including:
· • Immediate ability to speak properly with none of the slurring associated with toothlessness.
· • Immediately look younger, since All-On-4® Teeth in a Day will restore the underlying structure that gives shape to the cheeks and lips.
· • Ability to eat a normal variety of foods. Teeth in a Day can restore approximately 90% of a person’s normal chewing ability, as opposed to the 10-20% restored by removable dentures.
· • Shortened healing time.
· • With proper care, Teeth in a Day will last for years and will not need frequent readjusting and replacing like removable dentures.
Teeth in a Day is not appropriate for every patient and your dentist will perform a thorough assessment of your health and oral structures before recommending this revolutionary teeth replacement solution.
To talk to an experienced implant dentist in the Cypress and Houston area about Teeth in a Day, call Dr. R. Terry Councill and the Councill Dental Group at (281) 376-9246.