PRLog - Jan. 13, 2013 - HOUSTON -- Tips on training your dog are very important to new animal owners. It may seem like an easy adventure to teach your dog to behave, but it can prove to be quite difficult sometimes. It is crucial that your dog be well behaved in order for you to be able to have your animal around human population. We will learn five great tips that will prove to be extremely helpful to anyone who is training their puppy.
training your dog
1. Are you trying to train your dog to come to you when it is called? This is an important quality for your animal to have as it can be dangerous if they do not learn how to come or stop when called. The most important thing to remember when trying to teach your puppy to come to you is that you should not scream at them. You should use a soft but demanding voice. Dogs sometimes have a hard time understanding people when they are screaming out of anger. This only leads to confusion, and it is not their fault when they don't know what you are asking them to do.
2. When it comes to training any dog, it is better to start young. If you begin their training when they are still a puppy you will have a higher success rate. Humans are similar in this fashion because we learn more when we are babies, then we do when we are adults. If you want to ensure that you can train your dog it is better to start when they are puppies.
3. The best thing you could do with a puppy is to handle them as much as you possibly have time for. Touch them everywhere, pull on their ears and tail slightly, and stick your hand in their mouth. This way, you are teaching them that they don't need to be protective when a child or someone else touches them. They will not be as likely to snap at someone later in their adult life.
4. No matter how frustrating it can be, try to stay patient. When you have spent weeks cleaning up messes and taking your little one outside, and they still continue to go to the bathroom anywhere they please it can be extremely maddening. If you can remain patient with your puppy and stay consistent in your training you will see results eventually. Don't give up on them, they are trying to make you happy.
5. While you are training your dog be sure to reward them for good behavior. Keep a special treat available to give them when they have done something well-behaved Try to avoid giving them treats for any other reason because it will confuse them. They should associate the reward with good behavior, so they will be more apt to repeat the action.
Now that you have more information about tips on training your dog you will be able to train your little one to do all sorts of things. There are many awesome things that you can train your dog to do. You should always have fun when training your canine and never hit them if they do not do exactly what you want them to. http://www.howdoigetmydogtostopbarking.com/