PRLog - Dec. 12, 2012 - HOUSTON -- Being aware of the main principles of creating an effective landing page design may easily bring more visitors to your page and make your website work for you. Landing page is a page which visitors see after they click on a site hyperlink. Landing page includes all the elements that other pages do: HTML, CSS, content, images, videos, etc.
Main principles of creating an effective Landing Page Design
Call to Action
The task of a landing page is to encourage visitors to carry out desired actions like subscribing to a newsletter or purchasing products under certain circumstances (like a promotion or a sale).
• Be distinct. It is important to state clearly which action you expect from a visitor
• Avoid too many calls to action. Visitors are not going to do everything you ask them to. The fewer such calls the bigger chances are that people will do you a favor and take a desired action.
• Show clearly those buttons for actions which need a click. Let people know which buttons are clickable. To get even better results, try to design such buttons in a creative way able to catch attention.
Successful landing page can’t do without a powerful headline. This way, visitors can be sure that they have come to the right place and found what they’ve been looking for. Headlines should be interesting enough to encourage visitors to stay on a landing page and go on reading.
• Make the headline short and distinct. Just in a few words give visitors an idea of what they will find on the landing page.
• Do not forget about headline’s design. Design your headline in a way, able to grab visitor’s attention. Large fonts and prominent positioning at the top of a page will be the most suitable in this case.
• Pick up relevant keywords. Analyze keywords and phrases by which a search engine user can easily find your landing page.
If your landing page is too difficult to understand and navigate, the visitor will think of nothing better than just leave the page. Include only the most important page elements to make your page easy to perceive.
• Choose the most desired call to action for your page. Make your landing page’s objective transparent.
• Leave whitespace to make your page look natural. If page elements are too cramped together, it may be visually unattractive and scare page visitors away. Please keep in mind that all page elements should be easy to perceive and thus placed on a proper distance one from another.
All page elements should be positioned in a way which provides proper visitor’s eye flow. It is important to make visitors perceive page elements in a sequence you want them to. Carefully think over the eye flow and this may help you have a desired impact on a page visitor.
• Place page elements in a visually hierarchical order. Decide on the order in which you want the visitor to observe page components and design the page according to this order.
• Consider using graphic elements. Attractive images, arrows and signs will direct the eyes of visitors towards certain page elements.
• Apply high-contrast colors to certain page elements. If a page component is brightly colored and in a compliance with page design, such component is more likely to catch visitor’s attention.
The method which always works is creating landing pages which show the idea of scarcity. When visitors see that there are not enough product supplies or that the discount may come to end soon, they are likely to decide to take action immediately.
• Be persuasive about the sense of urgency. State clearly that the special price will soon be substituted with the permanent cost.
• Let visitors know how many items are left. When somebody purchases an item, remind your target audience that there are not so many items left.
Give visitors some reassurance that your landing page is secure and safe.
• Use data from well-known and trusted social media services. Consider showing the number of Facebook Likes or publishing tweets about a product or a company.
• Place trust elements not far from call to action elements.
• Be honest. Avoid publishing fake testimonials. It won’t bring you anything good but disappointment in the eyes of visitors. Sooner or later they will realize that your testimonials aren’t a reliable source and your products either have only negative reviews or do not have them at all.
Let’s sum up
Attractive landing page design is not only a nice visual representation of your business. It also encourages visitors to take actions you desire them to. The principles and tips mentioned above will help you create an effective landing page which will catch the attention of visitors making them really impressed and ready to do what you ask them to.http://www.bestchooseincome.com/