PRLog - Nov. 7, 2012 - Many methodologies are used in software development process before they are made usable. Waterfall model, Iterative model, Incremental model, Agile model and Prototype model are some of the methodologies. However, the most common model used for software development is the Agile model, which is based on iterative and incremental development taking into account the urgent requirement or development changes needed anytime during the process.
Agile Tools are used of to manage the Agile model. Excel is one of the simplest Agile tool, where one can maintain records as per change in process requirement. However, excel is not quite effective to maintain process such as Agile.
To name one of the most effective Agile tools is the Rommana Collaboation Management component. Using this component, team members and customers can collaborate about any project activity or issue. They can initiate and participate in Online Collaborative Reviews of entities like Requirements, Scenarios, Use Cases, Change Requests and Test Cases.
Other Tools that supports the Agile method are:
Rally, ScrumWorks, Xplanner, Mingle, PlannerPoker, Acunote, SilverCatalyst, C ardmeetings, etc. These Software Tools have the capacity to increase IT productivity that enables users and customers to experience custom application development. The enhanced IT productivity makes the software product more responsive to business user requests and minimize application backlog with the resources already in use. During the software development process, these Agile Tools ensure high flexibility by providing the developers a flat cost of change. Hence, allowing continuous development and evolvement of the product to get more value from the IT investment.
The factors of productivity and flexibility are great for any tool but if there is no control on these factors, it might cause an issue. Here comes the advantage of Agile Tools that help control the full life cycle of web application development. It provides meta-data repository and the functionality needed to support the configurations, versions, build, management and all component dependencies across multiple environments.
Here are some most ways for ensuring efficiency and quality software product developed using Agile Tools are:
• Project Management: Involves project planning, tracking of schedule, progress with billing and resources allocation.
• Requirement management: All requirements are conceived, analyzed, prioritized, managed and tracked.
• Iteration management: Iteration is controlled using down chart and velocity graph.
• Release management: Involves Plan, Track, delivery, timelines and manage goals.
• Day planning and tracking: Involves Creation, assignment, and reassignment of tasks on a daliy basis.
• Integrated TimeSheet: Timesheet is integrated into the project and no separate effort is required.
• Invoicing : is done for Cost calculation and rate assignments to roles.
• Issue management: Defects can be created and marked against user stories. Tasks are created under defect and finally the Tool easily tracks those defects.
• Communication management: Agile tool does away with internal emails completely and stores all project communications with external emails.
• Documentation management: Stores all project/organization documents along with the project or task at hand.
For more information please visit us at http://www.rommanasoftware.com/