Over the past 24 months, music from as far back as the 1880s and as modern as a track or two from today has found its way into The Vintage Hour.
Dave: 'I have a John Peel approach to music. I have a curious mind and a love of the unknown, the new, the daring. I hope that my show reflects this.'
We think it does. Banned Music, Global Music and a complete show broadcast using an old wind-up gramophone and a stack of shellac 78s are a few examples of Dave's style.
There is no danger of slowing down or running out of ideas, and surely it is only a matter of time before Dave graces the national airwaves with a syndicated show.
The Vintage Hour Second Birthday Edition is available at Stroud FMs Listen Again facilty at www.stroudfm.co.uk or by following this link: http://podcasts.stroudfm.co.uk/
For a taste of Dave Ireland's approach to vintage music, here is a run-down of the second birthday show;
Time After Time The Vintage Hour Second Birthday Edition
Recorded on 5 Oct 2012 by Time After Time
Welcome to Time After Time – The Vintage Hour…Show 104 – The Second Birthday Show
Hi – I’m Dave Ireland…why not join me for the next sixty minutes as we journey back in time for some of the best in vintage music from the 1920s to the 1970s and way beyond…
The bunting is out, the flags are flying and the red carpet is stretched all the way from the car park at the top of town to the gilded portals of the Stroud FM Studios…Yes, folks! The special day has finally arrived. It’s Time After Time the Vintage Hour’s Second Birthday. 104 shows, goodness knows how many tunes and after twenty four months of the Vintage Hour, we have listeners all over the world.
So, kicking off the show in my inimitable style…with a song that could be another of my themes: Anything Goes…
• Tony Bennett – Anything Goes
• Monk Hazel and his Bienville Roof Orchestra with Sizzling The Blues
• De Paris Brothers Orchestra – Change Of Key Boogie
• Willie Smith Six – I Found A New Baby
• Edith Piaf – Non Je Ne Regrette Rien
• John Lee Hooker – Boom Boom
• Pete Seeger – Goodnight Irene
• Judy Garland with Gene Kelly – For Me And My Gal
• The Pointer Sisters with Fats Waller’s Your Feet’s Too Big
• Nina Simone – Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood.
• Bobby Darin – Mack the Knife
• Buddy Holly – Everyday
• Beatles – Love Me Do – featuring Pete Best On Drums
• Dusty Springfield – The Windmills Of My Mind
• Bobbie Gentry – Ode To Billy Joe
• Round The Horne – Butch Boutique
• Dory Previn – Yada Yada…
• Donovan – Colours
• Abba – Summer Night City
• I’m Dave Ireland and you’ve been listening to The Second Birthday Edition of Time After Time The Vintage Hour on Stroud FM 107.9 your community radio station.
Thanks to Laura my producer for humping the fifteen mailbags of birthday cards up to the attic studio and thanks to Sam for giving me the special birthday tattoo on the birthday suit I decided to wear during this week’s show and thank you for joining me on this week’s very special show…oh, and Coco for being a good dog and NOT eating Cresbie’s cables…