Jason J. Guari, Murray & Guari Trial Attorneys PL
Kim Sailer, BARD Marketing/PR
Back to School Means More Teenage Drivers on the Roadways
West Palm Beach, FL – With school starting in Palm Beach, Martin and Broward counties over the next couple of weeks, the Florida auto accident law firm of Murray & Guari Trial Attorneys remind parents that this is a great time for them to talk to their teens about driving and staying safe on the roadway.
Whether as drivers or passengers, teens are at a statistically higher risk of injury and fatality when riding in an automobile. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) conclude that there were nearly 2,000 teen drivers killed in auto accidents in 2010 and there were also another 187,000 teen drivers who were injured in these same incidents.
Distracted driving is also a dangerous epidemic on America’s roadways with teens texting and driving and talking on cell phones and driving or distracted by too many passengers in the vehicle.
While a lack of driving experience continues to play a major role in teen injuries and fatalities, many teens do not believe that they are inexperienced or do not realize the consequences of their actions. Many teenagers have a sense of immortality and invincibility..
What Can Parents Do?
* Set the example, practice safe driving practices (wear seat belt, do not drive distracted, obey laws)
* Talk to your teens about driving
* Supervise and let your teen get plenty of practice behind the wheel (expose your child to a wide range of driving situations (traffic jams, rain and downpours, driving at night, street lights out due to hurricanes)
* Sign a Parent-Teen Driving Contract (http://www.cdc.gov/
* Watch our important distracted driving safety video at http://www.murrayguari.com/
Teens Should Know and Follow General Rules:
* Obey all roadway laws and posted street signs
* Never drive distracted and focus on driving
* Never drink and drive or drive under the influence of drugs
* Be a responsible driver
* Agree to and understand imposed penalties of rule violations
* Keep communication with parents
Parents are some of the most influential people in a teen driver's life behind the wheel. Parental reinforcement of good decision making can lead to safe driving habits that will last a lifetime.
The auto accident law firm of Murray & Guari Trial Attorneys PL was founded in 2005. The firm is headquartered in West Palm Beach, Florida, at 1525 N. Flagler Drive, Suite 100. Trial Attorney Jason Guari can be contacted at (561) 366-9099. Additional information about Murray & Guari Trial Attorneys PL may be obtained from the firm's website at www.murrayguari.com or on Facebook at MurrayGuariTrial Attorneys (http://www.facebook.com/