The Home Comfort Specialist Academy program will be delivered in a combination of ways – including online and in the classroom.
The live course will take place on Thursday, September 27, 2012 from 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm at the Radisson Hotel in Scranton, PA. Ralph Adams, Education Co-Chair and V.P. of OESP, will be the presenter. And since it will coincide with OESP’s Oil Heat Retreat, attendees will be able to participate in this workshop at no cost, compliments of the Association.
Recognizing that consumers are more sophisticated today, those selling energy need to be armed with more than just a nice personality. They need to have the confidence to address their customer’s concerns and offer solutions. The delivery of this new program will include a mixture of educational components – classroom, DVD, and online.
The first session on September 27 at the Oil Heat Retreat will be about selling a warm-air system along with air conditioning. You will learn:
• How to price the variations (a system that includes heating and cooling and/or heating or, just a cooling system)
• First call step-by-step
o Setting the appointment
• The importance of measuring the home and doing a load calculation
• The importance of proper sizing of equipment
• The duct system (what to look for to avoid potential problems)
• How to offer your customers options on equipment and efficiencies
If you’re interested in learning more about OESP’s new program, preview it as well as other classes held at our annual trade show in our new Online Learning Center, www.thinkoesp.org. To register for this workshop or the retreat, visit www.thinkoesp.org or call 888-552-0900.