There are a number of ways you can make your next meeting memorable, informative, and effective. The trick to making a meeting truly worthwhile is to avoid making it seem like a meeting. That's not to say that you shouldn't do your best to get your message across, but it should be done in such a way that your audience will be entertained and receive that message subtly while in the midst of an enjoyable experience. Here are the 10 Secrets to Exciting Events & Meetings, so that you don't have to worry about ever having a dull event again.
1. Make the Presentation Interactive. People like to be included in the happenings of a meeting. They like to be considered “part of it,” by being asked questions or encouraged to provide feedback and getting involved. By involving your attendees in various aspects of the meeting, you are removing them as spectators and turning them into participants. This leads to a more exciting meeting, given the fact that entertainer or speaker is focused on maintaining more of a conversation than a monologue, which livens up the event considerably and adds another dimension of participation.
2. Include Visuals that are Engaging and Informative. Gone are the days when bland, black and white presentation materials and handouts were adequate for an important meeting. Now, given that technology is so advanced, visuals need to be informative yet still engaging in order to hold an individual's attention. Try using spruced up Power Point presentations in conjunction with handouts that require the attendee to write things down for themselves or include comical text or illustrations to convey your message without seeming mundane.
3. Keep your meeting lively and fast paced. Slow paced meetings tend to make those involved feel as though they are wasting their valuable time by being there. Make it lively and fast paced in order to keep certain individuals in your audience from dozing off and to ensure that everyone receives the message loud and clear. Try not standing in one place for too long while you're speaking, and don't remain on one subject for too long, as that will turn people off from what you're saying. Keep it lively and fast paced, while making eye contact and avoiding a monotone voice.
4. Be creative and encourage creativity amongst your attendees. We've all been at a meeting where it seemed as though all the life had been drained out of the room. Most will know what exactly what this means: a boring host, a total lack of initiative when it comes to planning, and rhetoric that gives you the strange feeling that you've been in this meeting before. Lack of creativity is to blame for all of this and it can make or break a meeting. Instead of the same instructional tools and speeches, it's a great idea to get creative with your attendees. Include fun games and raffles or jazz up your event by having some new, interesting entertainers or speakers talk about a variety of different subjects in your field. Creativity is key!
5. Add in an element of surprise. Imagine walking into a meeting room and for once, being surprised by something you find in there, whether it’s the speaker's outrageous costume or the balloons dangling from the ceiling. These ideas may seem outlandish, but they will go a long way in serving to lighten the mood and catch your audience off-guard, which will allow them to open up to the whole experience. This will help with team building and improve the morale within your office.
6. Avoid the ordinary. There are things about your meeting which will be ordinary, such as name tags, introductions of speakers, and paperwork, but there are a variety of simple ways in which you can make the overall meeting experience far from ordinary. Why not include a pop quiz at the end of the meeting to see if they really listened, and give the one who scores the highest a prize? You could purposefully mention a certain word numerous time throughout the meeting (completely out of context, of course), and see if anyone picks up on it. These are all creative and extraordinary ways to get your audience involved and increase their participation (You could even use a Magician – wink – wink).
7. Take your attendees out of their element. We can all get a bit tired of the same old office and the same old boardroom, that's why taking your audience out of their element is a great idea to boost the effectiveness of your meeting. You don’t necessarily have to rent a venue for your meeting. It could be as simple as decorating your boardroom to alter the look and feel which will help provide a change of scenery for your audience. Then the meeting will be a little bit of an escape, rather than something they want to escape from.
8. Get your message across without them even realizing it. Sneaking your message into the natural flow of your meeting is the best way to make it stick in the minds of your attendees. Attempt to include it in the ice breaker games you play or think up a creative way to present your message via Power Point. The best way to do this, however, is to hire a corporate entertainer. A talented one will have the ability to seamlessly integrate your message into their act.
9. Add some humor to your presentation. Everyone loves to laugh, so why not include comedic elements into your next meeting? Include jokes into your speech or slip in some funny anecdotes. Better yet, hire someone who specializes in humor in corporate settings. They'll know how to add just enough humor to your meeting, without making it seem forced or overdone.
10. Hire a Corporate Entertainer to make your meeting magical. If you've gone over this list and have found that you might not be up to the task, then hiring a professional corporate entertainer is definitely the way to go. And there's no one better in the industry than Josh London (www.JoshLondonMagic.com)
Choosing to hire a corporate entertainer for your next meeting is a great way to integrate all of these secrets to exciting meetings into your event. Josh London has been involved in thousands of corporate events worldwide and understands what it takes to make a meeting memorable, magical and anything but dull.
Reserve Magician Josh London Now!