The company, Envido opens its new Glasgow office as part of a regional expansion that brings it closer to Scotland’s major industrial and commercial base and to its clients with such as RBS, Investec, BskyB and the NHS.
With five offices until today, Leeds was previously Envido’s most northerly location. According to the company director Mr Russell Lerman, Glasgow is an ideal place to expand and grow its energy analysts and low-carbon engineering teams.
Mr Lerman says:
“Envido is looking to expand its team across Scotland. Glasgow was an obvious choice for our first base as it gives ready access to a pool of low-carbon engineering skills and a growing green collar workforce that will help the firm grow.
Mr Lerman adds, “Although Scotland’s transformation to a green energy economy is well ahead the rest of the UK, local industry commerce and the public sector have the highest level of heat and power consumption per capita.
“The SNP Government’s target to achieve 100 per cent renewable electricity by 2020 is commendable, but Scotland’s reducing energy costs that will benefit Scotland’s private and public sector in the short term.
“Reducing energy by one fifth can add over 7 per cent to bottom line profit and can help to support the balance sheet when organic growth is harder to come by.
“The 33% rise to in the carbon price floor in the recent budget has means that Scottish energy-intensive businesses in particular should look to re-double energy conservation efforts,” says Mr Lerman.
Envido helps organisations to save energy, money and carbon by identifying and prioritising their major saving opportunities and installing energy saving technologies.
30 April 2012
Notes to editor:
1. For more information contact Paul Fisher on 0141 231 0621; firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Envido works with over 200 private and public sector clients across the UK to improve their energy and carbon management.
3. Clients include major brands including RBS, BSkyB, Sainsbury’s, Honda, University of Cambridge and over 30 NHS Trusts.
4. Envido offers energy consultancy and designs and installs low-carbon technology to help clients reduce carbon emissions – helping them to conserve energy, save money and boost business performance.
5. Envido was recognised by the Greater London Enterprise as one of London’s Top 35 fastest growing companies and is expected to be listed in the Times Fasttrack 100 later this year.